Jr. Security Engineer
MURALIncrease connection and teamwork with our secure, flexible visual work platform. Make it a mural, not a meeting.
We’re on a mission to empower innovation through a culture of collaboration by providing teams the means and methods to turn ideas and insights into reality.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 400 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Infrastructure Security team plays a vital role in identifying and mitigating risks within the Mural infrastructure as well as partnering with other engineering teams to recommend updates and features that enhance security for our customers.
As a Jr Security Engineer, you will work within the security team to help maintain and support the organization's security posture. The primary responsibility is to assist in implementing, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting security tools and technologies for protecting the organization's assets against internal and external threats.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The top candidate will bring experience working with small to medium, high growth, global tech companies:
- Monitor security alerts, events, and incidents, and provide initial analysis and response.
- Respond to security incidents and provide analysis and remediation recommendations.
- Assist in maintaining security systems and tools, SIEM, vulnerability management, DLP and antivirus software.
- Conduct regular vulnerability assessments and penetration testing of the organization's infrastructure and systems.
- Participate in the development and implementation of security policies, procedures, and controls.
- Provide support for security-related audits and compliance initiatives.
- Educate end-users on safe security practices and policies.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest security trends, threats, and technologies.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Understanding of SaaS environments
- Experience with log analytics and threat hunting
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools and techniques
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Fair understanding of Linux, Networking, and Cryptography fundamentals
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and resolve security issues
- Experience with incident response activities
If you have participated in public or private Bug Bounty programs, or have any other open source or community contributions, presentations, or blog posts in the security space, please share it with us!
For roles based in New York City, California, Colorado, and Washington, the base salary for this role ranges from $105,400 - $125,800 + equity + benefits. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs