Senior DevSecOps Engineer
San Antonio, TX (Local Remote)
This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://TeamRaft.com) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with a purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients includes innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting-edge tech stack, and cloud-native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
We’re looking for an experienced DevSecOps Engineer to support our customers and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers.
About the role:
As a Senior DevSecOps Engineer, you will play a critical role in designing, implementing, and maintaining a secure and scalable zero-trust architecture for accessing development, testing, and production enclaves. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful deployment and operation of CNAP, enabling development team collaboration from disparate organizations. Your expertise in cloud-native technologies, DevSecOps practices, and security will be essential in driving the adoption and continuous improvement of CNAP.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of hands-on Linux experience.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of GitOps development
- Experience with Istio, HashiCorp Consul and HashiCorp Vault
- Experience with production grade Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience with FluxCD and ArgoCD
- Experience working with Monitoring, Logging and Alerting stack (ELK, PLG, Fluentd etc)
- Experience in architecting, developing, and managing Kubernetes platforms using IaC, (Terraform, Packer, Ansible, etc.), and Configuration as Code.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of cloud security principles, including zero-trust architectures, identity, and access management (IAM), encryption, and network security.
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- A deep understanding of DevSecOps principles and practices, including continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD), automated testing, and infrastructure automation.
- Proficient in scripting languages like Python, Bash, or PowerShell, and have experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform or Cloud Formation.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Possession of relevant security certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) is highly preferred.
- Prior experience working with Cloud Native Access Point (CNAP) or similar zero-trust architectures is highly desirable.
- Experience working in government or defense environments, with knowledge of security and compliance requirements.
- A passion for continuous learning and staying up-to-date with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in cloud security, DevSecOps, and infrastructure automation.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. SECRET Security Clearance
- Remote (Local to San Antonio, TX preferred)
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Ansible Automation AWS Azure Bash CCSP CEH CI/CD CISSP Clearance Cloud Compliance DevSecOps ELK Encryption GCP IAM Kubernetes Linux Monitoring Network security PowerShell Python Scripting Security Clearance Terraform Ubuntu
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs