Principal Consultant, Security Operations, Proactive Services (Unit 42) - Remote
Remote, OR, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
Our Approach to Work
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
Your Career as a Principal Consultant:
This role is client-facing and requires the Principal Consultant to lead and produce deliverables based on cyber risk management (CRM) client engagements. The Principal Consultant will work directly with multiple customers and key stakeholders (Admins, C-Suite, etc) to drive the security priorities of the security operations management, security operations center (SOC) staff, and Information Security team.
Your Impact as a Principal Consultant:
- Principal Consultants will help drive Proactive Consulting Services with SOC assessments. This individual will be the trusted advisor to grow partnerships and assist customers to get and stay healthy from a cyber security perspective
- Lead security audits of client’s security operations program, processes, and technology
- Analyze the current level of monitoring and alerting within the enterprise and provide a gap analysis on log coverage
- Conduct general cyber risk assessments using framework or standards like MITRE ATT&CK, NIST 800-61r2, NIST CSF, ISO 27001/2, PCI, CIS Top 2, CMMD, or other industry measurement tools.
- Utilize command-line interfaces or graphical user interfaces (GUI) of security tools to conduct technical and control set validation
- Assess client implementations of security monitoring and endpoint/network protection tooling to understand the technical implementations of security controls
- Advise and develop SOC initiative roadmaps for clients to further secure their environments.
- Scope new opportunities with prospective clients, including drafting statements of work and proposals
- 6-9+ years of experience performing information security advisement and risk assessments based upon industry-accepted standards
- 3+ years of consulting experience in SOC, security engineering, SIEM administration, and incident management serving large, multinational organizations
- Knowledge or certification in the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Former professional services and consulting experience preferred
- Experience managing a team of consultants and large engagements
- Hands-on experience with SIEM engineering or management
- Possess a deep technical knowledge in Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) platforms, Endpoint Protection and Response/Next Gen Protection and Response (EDR/XDR) tools, Next GenFirewalls, Threat Intelligence and Hunting platforms
- Former experience with Security Operations or Cyber Defense Operations
- Demonstrates a track record in strengthening existing and developing new client relationships
- Knowledge of command-line interfaces or scripting tools in security tools is a plus
- Ability to scope new opportunities with prospective clients, including drafting statements of work and proposals
- Ability to perform travel requirements as needed to meet business demands (on average 30%)
- Identified ability to grow into a valuable contributor to the practice and, specifically -
- have an external presence via public speaking, conferences, and/or publications
- have credibility, executive presence, and gravitas
- be able to have a meaningful and rapid delivery contribution
- have the potential and capacity to understand all aspects of the business and an excellent understanding of PANW products
- be collaborative and able to build relationships internally, externally, and across all PANW functions, including the sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security OR equivalent years of professional experience to meet job requirements and expectations
Unit 42 Consulting is Palo Alto Network's security advisory team. Our vision is to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is composed of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide an effective incident response, attack readiness, and remediation plans with a focus on providing long-term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/com-missioned roles) is expected to be between $151,400/yr to $208,100/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
More jobs like this
Remote Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 120K - 200K * USD 120K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Career development Conferences Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs