Senior Network Consultant - Home Based
Brierfield, United Kingdom
Who are we?
We are Daisy Corporate Services, one of the largest providers of Communications and IT solutions across the UK! Founded in 2001, we have gone from strength to strength as we continue to grow and deliver high quality end-to-end IT solutions and services to more than 2,000 UK businesses, across all sectors. Our portfolio spans Modern Workplace, Connectivity, Unified Communications, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Operational Resilience and more.
What’s it like to work for us?
We care about our colleagues and strive to give them the support they need to be the best version of themselves! In fact, in our most recent Colleague Engagement survey, 90% agreed that their manager genuinely cares about them as a person and consistently takes an honest and open approach to communication. We also aim to ensure that work works for you by offering flexible working, hybrid/home-based working styles (where possible), holiday purchase schemes, health & wellbeing programs, free day of annual leave for birthdays and more!
What’s on offer?
- Location: Home Based
- Salary: Competitive
- Car Allowance: £5k per annum
- Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Hours: 37.5 per week, 09:00 – 17:30, Mon – Fri
As a Senior Network Consultant, you’ll design, implement, and optimise complex network and security solutions to cater to our customers’ specific requirements. You'll also collaborate closely with customers to understand their business needs, lead technical workshops for detailed design information, and orchestrate the deployment of network and security solutions.
Additionally, you’ll also create project plans, work closely with our Project Management teams to ensure successful outcomes, and maintain network and security devices for optimal performance and reliability.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Engaging closely with our clients to gain a deep understanding of their business and pinpoint their network and security needs.
- Leading technical workshops for detailed design insights.
- Implementing network and security solutions.
- Developing project plans for seamless delivery.
- Collaborating with Project Management for success.
- Configuring and maintaining network devices for reliability.
- Executing commissioning and resilience testing.
- Troubleshooting network issues, analyse logs.
- Maintaining technical documentation.
- Providing client training and guidance.
- Collaborating across teams for on-time, on-budget solutions.
- Over 7 years of experience in designing and supporting diverse network and security solutions, involving Cisco, Palo Alto, HPE Aruba, Extreme, and Fortinet technologies.
- Strong background in customer-facing roles.
- Demonstrated success as a technical lead for complex network solutions.
- Proficient in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting enterprise wireless solutions.
- Extensive proficiency in LAN/WAN technologies, encompassing routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, and network infrastructure components. (Required)
- Expertise in configuring and troubleshooting layer 2/3 protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, and FHRPs. (Required)
- Skilled in network security, covering firewalls, VPNs, and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- Proficient in network monitoring with SNMP and Netflow for timely outage alerts.
- Essential knowledge and expertise in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Local Area Networks, including familiarity with Cisco's SDA architecture.
- Essential knowledge and expertise in configuring and troubleshooting end-user Wide Area Networks, with experience in OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP.
- Essential knowledge and expertise in configuring and troubleshooting security solutions, including stateful firewalling, site-to-site VPNs, remote access VPNs, NAT, and Next-Generation features, with a primary focus on Cisco ASA and Palo Alto.
- Exceptional problem determination and resolution skills.
- Self-motivated and enjoys the challenge of autonomous work.
- Demonstrates a strong focus on fulfilling our customers' business needs.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities.
- Embraces a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Proficient problem-solving skills for tackling intricate network and security challenges.
- Exceptional communication, adept at simplifying technical concepts for non-technical stakeholders.
Did we mention the perks?
- Holiday – Starting at 25 (increasing to up to 30 days for each year you stay with us) + a holiday purchase scheme!
- Free Days – Free day of annual leave for birthdays and weddings.
- Daisy Grow and Apprenticeships – Giving you the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge whilst you work for us.
- Home Based Working, to ensure work WORKS for you!
- Enhanced family friendly policies – We are here to look after you and your nearest and dearest.
- Health & Wellbeing offering – Including discounted membership for health plans + Eye Care Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, and an in-house Wellbeing team.
- The Exchange – Online discount platform for more than 1,200 retailers.
Ready for the challenge? Apply today or contact our friendly Talent Acquisition Team for more information.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Remote - Ireland Remote - Ireland Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote Ireland, UK and CanadaNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Egham - Tamesis Egham - Tamesis Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst – Cloud and Network Security, Emerging Technologies and Trends (REMOTE - UK)Application security AWS Azure CCSP CEH CISSP +7
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Amsterdam, Netherlands Amsterdam, Netherlands Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 49K - 92K * USD 49K+ *
Palo Alto Networks
Principal Consultant, Threat Intelligence Services, Proactive Services - Unit 42Blue team DNS GIAC Incident response MITRE ATT&CK Monitoring +9
Career development Flex vacation Medical leave Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs