Graduate Rail Systems Consultant
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and support system engineering management activities such as Requirements Management, Interface Management, Verification & Validation as per Systems Engineering Life Cycle processes such as ISO 15288
- Participates, collaborates, and develops engineering expertise and skills, in the area of risk, reliability, safety and security engineering and Systems Assurance capabilities
- Supporting the Rail Systems team as well as coordination with other engineering disciplines in their adherence to System Engineering and Assurance processes
- Performs quality control
- Performs engineering and risk analysis under the supervision of experienced engineers
- Collects and analyzes data under the supervision of experienced engineers
- Develops engineering calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and prepare technical reports under the supervision of experienced engineers
- Uses computer software applications and tools to develop macros and codes for testing robustness of electronic components and systems
- Review and compile client submittals
- Review and compile submittals (drawings, work plan methodology, reports, contractor shop drawings, etc.) for multiple applications
- Handle communication and emails daily
- Coordinating multiple tasks daily
- Support other team members with routine and non-routine tasks.
- Attend meetings and prepare minutes of meetings
- Prepare weekly and monthly project status reports
- Commits to delivering work in accordance with agreed upon scope, budget and schedule under supervision of experienced engineers
- A proven detailed oriented and a critical thinker
- Travels to client sites for testing and/or meetings across GTA, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Project coordination experience for transportation projects including freight-rail and transit-rail
- Will be graduating by April 2024, or have already graduated
- Ambition to achieve P.Eng. registration
- Having a master’s degree is preferred
- DOORS NG Basic and Advance Training
- Used to implement and work under the principles of following standards: IEEE 1220, ISO 15288 + 24748 + 29148: Systems Engineering Life Cycle processes & Requirements management
- Familiarity with EN50126
- Understanding of Railway Rules and Regulations, and Safety and Operating Procedures
- Having a cybersecurity certificate or diploma is preferred
- Sponsorship not provided
- Relocation assistance not provided
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs