Senior Security Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, United States
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health oncology platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has commercially launched Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx, Guardant360 TissueNext™, Guardant360 Response™, and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients, and Guardant Reveal™ for early-stage cancer patients. The Guardant Health screening portfolio, including the Shield™ test, aims to address the needs of individuals eligible for cancer screening.
About the Role:
The Senior Security Engineer, reporting to the Manager of Security Engineering, will be responsible for building, managing, and operating security tools and services. You will collaborate with product, engineering, IT, compliance, privacy, and your peers on the security teams to assess, adopt/develop, integrate, and innovate existing or new security technologies in order to reduce or eliminate risks before they become security incidents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and deploy new and existing security solutions.
- Lead automation efforts to streamline security processes.
- Develop documentation and runbooks for security tools.
- Ensure that commercial security tools are optimized, including the use of all relevant features.
- Identify gaps in the security toolset and work on solutions.
- Provide guidance to other departments, including engineering and IT teams, on the deployment of security tools.
- Design and build security metric-focused dashboards and reports.
- Assist with security operations and threat response to proactively address potential risks.
- Design and implement proper security tool Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Create Responsibility Assignment Matrices (RACIs) for security tools.
- Mentor and share security best practices with other parts of the organization.
- Serve as an SME on all topics related to security operations and engineering.
- Remain current with trends, technologies, security threats, and health care technologies.
- 10+ years of experience in security engineering and/or operations
- Programming experience using languages such as Python, Go, Ruby, Java, etc.
- Obsession with creating and maintaining proper, usable documentation.
- Experience securing cloud (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and IT infrastructure (Linux, Windows, Networks, etc.)
- Experience building and managing security tools (e.g., SIEM, DLP, EDR, WAF, SSO, identity & access management)
- Emphasis on DevSecOps mindset
- Strong experience with integrations and automation in a security context.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper engineering principles
- Proficient in building and managing security solutions in AWS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Hybrid Work Model: At Guardant Health, we have defined days for in-person/onsite collaboration and work-from-home days for individual-focused time. All U.S. employees who live within 50 miles of a Guardant facility will be required to be onsite on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. We have found aligning our scheduled in-office days allows our teams to do the best work and creates the focused thinking time our innovative work requires. At Guardant, our work model has created flexibility for better work-life balance while keeping teams connected to advance our science for our patients.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $92,960 to $144,000. The range does not include benefits, and if applicable, bonus, commission, or equity. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries across all US locations for the posted role with the exception of any locations specifically referenced below (if any).
For positions based in Palo Alto, CA or Redwood City, CA, the base salary range for this full-time position is $132,800 to $180,000. The range does not include benefits, and if applicable, bonus, commission, or equity.
Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including, but not limited to, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. If you are selected to move forward, the recruiting team will provide details specific to the factors above.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our hiring processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need support, please reach out to Peopleteam@guardanthealth.com
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs