Cyber Security Technologist
DarktraceDarktrace AI interrupts in-progress cyber-attacks in seconds, including ransomware, email phishing, and threats to cloud environments and critical infrastructure.
Founded by mathematicians and cyber defense experts in 2013, Darktrace is a global leader in cyber security AI, delivering complete AI-powered solutions in its mission to free the world of cyber disruption. We protect more than 8,400 customers from the world’s most complex threats, including ransomware, cloud, and SaaS attacks.
Our roots lie deep in innovation. The Darktrace AI Research Centre based in Cambridge, UK, has conducted research establishing new thresholds in cyber security, with technology innovations backed by over 130 patents and pending applications. The company’s European R&D center is located in The Hague, Netherlands.
Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, Darktrace has more than 2,400 employees located globally. Customers include public sector agencies, education institutions, media, organizations supplying critical infrastructure, and businesses of all sizes worldwide.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company, named one of TIME magazine’s “Most Influential Companies” for 2021 and one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative AI Companies” in 2022. For more information on our cutting-edge technology, visit darktrace.com.
Join Darktrace’s vibrant Go-to-Market team in the role of a Cyber Technology Specialist (CT). This dynamic and rewarding position requires a mix of technical expertise, cybersecurity passion, and sales acumen. As a crucial part of our team, you will engage in both pre-sales and post-sales processes, collaborating closely with an account team to convert opportunities into success stories.
As Darktrace continues to expand its technical team in response to our rapidly growing customer base and accelerating revenue, the CT role offers opportunity for fast-paced personal growth and career advancement. We value experience in technical customer facing roles such as software sales and offer extensive training to support and build new skills. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a strong team mindset that are ready to make an impact in this high-growth environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the technical lead between clients, partners, and our internal teams at Darktrace.
- Qualify, prioritize, and drive new business opportunities in coordination with an account team.
- Collaborate with our Sales team to identify client needs, implement effective sales strategies, and communicate deployment proposals.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor and technical authority to clients, from technical staff to C-suite executives.
- Conduct Proof of Value demonstrations of Darktrace technology, where appropriate, support opportunities
- Plan and design client-specific deployment strategies and architectures in varying coverage areas.
- Travel regionally, and potentially internationally, to client sites as permitted by health guidelines.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 2-3 years in a software sales engineering role; experience in cybersecurity is preferred.
- Proficiency in technical language with an ability to simplify complex concepts and communicate them effectively to various audiences.
- Strong knowledge in both on-premises and cloud networking and technologies. Familiarity with full cybersecurity stack and attack methodologies preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication abilities for a client facing role.
- Ability to operate independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work collaboratively within a fast-paced, innovative team.
- Passion for staying updated with the latest cybersecurity trends and a willingness to continuously develop your skillset.
- Master’s or bachelor’s from a top-tier accredited university with strong academic performance in a STEM subject.
- 100% medical, dental and vision insurance, plus dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs