Data Privacy Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA, United States
Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Data Privacy and Protection laws and regulations are evolving across the globe. The regulatory and operational impact to businesses is increasing in complexity and presenting new compliance challenges. Intuitive’s Global Privacy and Data Protection team helps develop and implement data privacy and protection safeguards, controls, and regulatory requirements into our products and services. The team supports Intuitive’s mission by promoting transparent, thoughtful, and deliberate collection, use, and dissemination of data in ethical, practical, and legally compliant ways.
Reporting to the Managing Principal, Data Privacy Engineer, the Data Privacy Engineer assist and owns aspects of the development and maintenance of the Capacity Building program. Additionally, the Data Privacy Engineer will provide HIPAA privacy and security support across teams within Intuitive. This role will contribute to the program and project management of strategic goals and initiatives, will provide technical privacy and security expertise to product management and design teams, and will collaborate and partner with infrastructure, IT, and product security teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will perform the following:
- Develop privacy awareness training and education content for Intuitive teams and departments.
- Identify knowledge sharing opportunities within the Data Privacy team and with other Intuitive teams, and partnering with other Data Privacy team members on achieving strategic goals that overlap with Capacity Building.
- Assist in the development of Data Privacy campaigns across the company, including the creation of a Privacy Advocates program, regularly published newsletters, lunch and learn opportunities, etc.
- Assist in the development and management of the Data Privacy intranet page for all regional privacy content.
- Support Privacy and Data Protection Compliance Operations, starting with focus on US-based HIPAA Compliance, and identifying opportunities to triage to other team members with oversight in international jurisdictions.
- Assist in the development of auditing and monitoring plans and processes, creating appropriate documentation and ensuring that auditing and monitoring is achieved per HIPAA.
- Collaborate in the completion of security assessments contemplating HIPAA privacy and security controls and safeguards in Privacy Screen Assessments.
- Assist in the development of HIPAA Compliance training, documentation, efforts, and oversight across Digital and Product suites.
- Contribute to the overall Data Privacy Operations mission and collaborate closely with Privacy Legal to achieve Global Privacy and Data Protection goals and business objectives.
- Additional duties contributing to privacy control governance, risk management, policy and procedures, etc.
Skills, Experience, Education & Training:
The successful candidate will have experience and exposure to healthcare privacy and security and understand the application of regulatory requirements in real-world situations, preferably in a commercial/healthcare/medical device setting.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of privacy and/or security experience in a US healthcare, commercial, or medical device setting, preferably with HIPAA.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to balance business needs with organizational risks.
- Technology-oriented with a preference for experience in US healthcare, commercial, or medical device settings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly and succinctly communicate complex privacy and security concepts.
- Familiarity with privacy and security standards and frameworks such as SOC, ISO, HITRUST, etc. preferred.
- Relevant certifications or technical background a plus.
- Compliance experience and understanding of cybersecurity preferred.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs