Cybersecurity Summer Intern
London, United Kingdom
VisaDas digitale und mobile Zahlungsnetzwerk von Visa steht an der Spitze der neuen Zahlungstechnologien für die neue Zahlung, elektronische und kontaktlose Zahlung, die die Welt des Geldes bilden
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Summer Internship Programme
Our Summer Internship is an 11-week programme providing you the opportunity to experience all that Visa has to offer alongside completing challenging work, building your skillset, and networking with fellow interns and Visa employees. Throughout the internship you will work on BAU work within your team, be given an end-to-end project to complete and take part in a variety of trainings to increase your learning. You will also get the opportunity to take part in a global social impact case challenge as well as hearing from senior leaders through our Visa Executive Speaker Series.
The internship is just the beginning to what we hope will be a lasting career at Visa! If you are successful throughout your internship you could even secure a graduate role with us when you finish university.
As a Cybersecurity Intern you will contribute to a team that leads risk management activities around third parties and suppliers for Visa. Members of this team work across a number of stakeholders who work with third parties to ensure appropriate processes, procedures and controls are adequately designed, implemented or remediated to meet Visa Key Control requirements, and mitigate any risks that are associated with third parties. The success of this unit requires dedicated professionals who possess the analytical, relationship and communications skills needed to form highly reliable risk management strategies to meet Visa and regulatory requirements. Third Party Technology Risk Management leads risk management activities around third parties and suppliers for Visa. Members of this team work across a number of stakeholders who work with third parties to ensure appropriate processes, procedures and controls are adequately designed, implemented or remediated to meet Visa Key Control requirements, and mitigate any risks that are associated with third parties.
- Perform risk/security assessments of Suppliers and Third Party relationships to identify, validate and remediate risks. This may include performing interviews, document design assessments and walkthroughs of Key Controls.
- Perform ongoing monitoring of Suppliers and Third Party to review compliance against compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Perform PCI-related readiness activities to ensure compliance with PCI requirements
- Exhibit pragmatism in formulating process remediation and implementation strategies, defining work tracks, and submitting assessment findings and recommendations.
- Have an understanding of emerging technologies including but not limited to mobile and cloud technology.
- Contribute towards process improvement of team processes, templates and tools.
- Students graduating from a Bachelor’s Degree or Masters Degree in a relevant field no sooner than 2025
- Availability to work full time over the summer, starting in June or July 2024
- Penultimate year of University
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Specialization in information security, cyber security or risk management as part of the degree
- Experience in audit, information security or information technology consulting or risk management
- Basic information security certification
- Basic understanding of information security related tools such as SIEM, IPS, Firewalls and DLP tools
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
If you feel you require adjustments to our recruitment process for this role, please let your recruiter know at the outset of the process so we can best accommodate.
More jobs like this
Birmingham, United Kingdom Birmingham, United Kingdom Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 30K - 56K * USD 30K+ *
Graduate - Digital Forensics - Mobile Devices - Birmingham City Centre - 5 years UK address history requiredClearance Computer Science Forensics Linux Security Clearance Windows
Career development Flex hours Gear Home office stipend
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs