Security Officer, Information & Cyber Security Management
VattenfallVattenfall is a leading European energy company and we are working for fossil freedom. Read more about us here.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest producers and retailers of electricity and heat. Our main markets are Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, and the UK. The Vattenfall Group has approximately 20,000 employees. We have been electrifying industries, powering homes and transforming life through innovation for more than 100 years. We now want to make fossil free living possible within one generation and we are driving the transition to a sustainable energy system.
Vattenfall is looking for two Security Officers (with focus on Information & Cyber Security), to Corporate Security & Resilience. The location of these positions are flexible in Vattenfall’s countries of operations - Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Germany, the UK, and Sweden.
We offer interesting positions in an international environment with a lot of opportunities to contribute to enabling a fossil free future.
Vattenfall believes that security is an essential component of a leading sustainable energy company. Protecting our assets are essential to maintain the trust of our customers, employees, and suppliers. Managing security risks effectively is core to our approach.
The Corporate Security & Resilience function strives to be a modern, flexible, and agile security and resilience function that are operating in a challenging and rapidly changing environment where vast knowledge of emerging threats, and an everchanging need to review and adapt its security posture is in focus.
The main tasks of the function is to provide governance and support throughout the Vattenfall Group to ensure mitigation of security related risks as well as regulatory compliance in the countries where we operate. The Security Officers will report to the Director Information & Cyber Security / CISO and be a part of the part of the Information- and Cyber security team where the main responsibilities are;
- Support and drive the group-wide security strategy and lead the wider functional security team
- Develop and ensure implementation of Instructions, Standards and Guidelines, Templates and Tools.
- Monitor and measure compliance of the Group Security Management System
- Educate and create awareness
- Drive and support group-wide initiatives
- Lead the OT-VAC function (OT Vulnerability and alert control)
- Govern the signal protection organisation within the Vattenfall Group
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop, and drive the implementation of requirements, processes, instructions, standards, guidelines, methods, templates, and tools, and provide expertise required to support company-wide strategy execution and implementation of the requirements related to Information- and Cyber Security.
- Drive and participate in projects and key initiatives
- Support the Business Areas and Staff Functions
- Support the continuous improvement of functional security areas
- Create trainings and awareness material
- External and internal stakeholder management
- Be up to date with industry best practices, vendor capabilities, standards
- Be up to date with requirements, legislations and relevant geopolitical situation affecting or might affect Vattenfall Group business
We are looking for you with:
- 5-15 years of relevant work experience
- Experience of security management in multi-stakeholder environments and with an international focus
- Expert knowledge in information- and/or IT-security management
- An excellent professional level of our group language English, both spoken and written.
- Experience from working with security laws and regulations such as the NIS-directive, GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) or the Swedish Protective Security Act
- Well-articulated and persuasive and can communicate security & resilience related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Knowledge of EU and national authorities' working methods and requirements for the energy industry
- Experience from the energy business
- Experience from working with international standards such as ISO 27000.
You are a driven and curious individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are furthermore well-articulated and persuasive and can communicate information & cyber security related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff, both internally and externally. You have strong analytical skills and willingness to take ownership when required with a positive attitude. Furthermore, you have a keen sense of team effort and the ability to build and maintain social relations. A high integrity, security, and privacy awareness together with the ability to handle stress well and to deliver result in challenging circumstances are required.
Location: Flexible in Vattenfall’s main markets Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Germany, the UK, or Sweden.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability, or sexual orientation.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and a motivational letter, no later than November 5, 2023.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact hiring manager, Björn Sjölund through the Vattenfall switchboard +46 (0)8 739 50 00 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Recruiter, Peter Blixter, +46 722 373 202.
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation
We look forward to your application!
Trade union representatives in Sweden Rolf Ohlsson (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO). To contact the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Flex hours
More jobs like this
Birmingham, United Kingdom Birmingham, United Kingdom Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 30K - 56K * USD 30K+ *
Graduate - Digital Forensics - Mobile Devices - Birmingham City Centre - 5 years UK address history requiredClearance Computer Science Forensics Linux Security Clearance Windows
Career development Flex hours Gear Home office stipend
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs