Security Engineer (Remote)
DHIS2Collect, visualize and analyze your data with DHIS2, the world's largest health information management system, a global public good.
DHIS2 is a configurable platform for data collection and analysis -- free and open source self-hosted software and a proud Digital Public Good. Today it is used in more than 100 countries. This includes use by more than 70 national ministries of health where it serves as the backbone for country health information systems. It has been estimated that 2.4 billion people (30% of the world’s population) live in countries where DHIS2 is deployed.
We are a well-funded not-for-profit project located at the HISP Centre at the University of Oslo (UiO), where we operate as an independent software development organization. We work with and are supported by many global development organizations and are a World Health Organization collaborating center. DHIS2 is used every day around the world to manage routine health service delivery, COVID-19 surveillance and vaccination, Malaria elimination campaigns, HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment, Tuberculosis programs, maternal and child health, national education systems, health supply chain logistics, climate impacts on human health, and much more.
With us you get a chance to work on problems which really matter: Improving the health and well-being of people around the world through access and use of information. We give you a lot of flexibility and freedom to make a difference while solving interesting technical challenges. At DHIS2 we believe you will do your best work if you fully understand the context in which the system operates, so you are encouraged to engage directly with our projects, take part in the design process, and get feedback from users in the field.
DHIS2 is hiring a Security Engineer who will join our security team to support our secure software development lifecycle. It is a full-time, remote position.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform security reviews of change requests and new DHIS2 features
- Validate vulnerability reports and advise on mitigation solutions
- Build automation and frameworks to produce more secure code
- Provide guidance and education to developers
- Develop security documentation and training materials
- Passionate about product security
- Previous working experience as a security engineer for 3+ years
- Active contributor to the security community (public speaking, research, blogging)
- Fluent in English to a professional level (written and oral)
- Knowledge of French or Spanish will be considered an advantage
- Knowledge of the DHIS2 technology stack will be considered an advantage
- Willing to travel occasionally to support our implementors on security matters or participate in community events
What we offer:
- A full-time position on a 1-year renewable contract.
- A job with social impact!
- 25 working days of vacation in addition to 8 national public holidays
- Attractive salary
What to submit
- LinkedIn/Personal site URL (CV also accepted)
- Portfolio of work: URLs, GitHub or personal repository
PLEASE READ! Important instructions to ensure your application is considered
We value, above all else, applicants who are passionate about making a positive difference in the world. Please write at least 3 sentences in the “Message to Hiring Manager” portion of your application telling us why you are specifically interested in working with DHIS2. It doesn't have to be a lengthy cover letter, we just want to know that you have at least reviewed our website (dhis2.org) and want to join us in our mission.
Diversity and Inclusion
The people designing and building DHIS2 should reflect the people of every imaginable background, identity, gender, religion, ability, and nationality in more than 100 countries and on 6 continents worldwide who rely on it. We have published a diversity pledge where you can learn more about our commitment to continually improve the diversity of our teams and to combat unjust disadvantages prevalent throughout the technology industry.
We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles. This includes women, non-binary people, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ people, people from the Global South, and anyone else who identifies with a group that remains underrepresented in tech and engineering. Please reach out if you have doubts about your suitability for a role, and let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process.
Learn more at https://dhis2.org/careers/software/diversity
Location and Time Zones
You can work remotely from any country in the world or from our office in Oslo, Norway. If working remotely, we strongly prefer candidates who can have at least 4 hours of overlap with Central European Time Zone working hours. If you are located more than 2 time zones away from Europe, please indicate in your application how you will accommodate this difference. If you are located many timezones away and do not including any additional information in your application it may be automatically rejected.
Remote Work and Travel
We are a remote-first global team but we recognize the importance of meeting and collaborating with colleagues in person. You will have the opportunity to travel 1-3 times per year to meet with other members or your team. We host one annual all-hands meeting with the entire global software team, and each product team may also meet to collaborate or see DHIS2 use in the field. There may be additional opportunities to travel for conferences or to help facilitate academies. All travel expenses are fully covered.
We recognize that travel has an environmental impact, and so we work to limit travel to only what is essential and to mitigate or offset the impact of necessary travel we fund. We encourage the use of trains and other low-carbon transportation whenever this is a reasonable option.
This is a full-time position (80% possible) on an annual renewable contract. We are focused on building long-term contractor relationships. We support flexible work arrangements with generous holiday allowances, and we offer the option to renew for longer contract periods over time.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs