Senior Technical Writer-NetSec-(Software Firewalls)
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
Our Approach to Work
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
As a technical writer at Palo Alto Networks, you will help our customers consistently secure their applications and infrastructure hosted on-premises, in the public cloud, and hybrid cloud environments. As they adopt virtualization and cloud technologies, you’ll play a key role in documenting how customers can deploy our security solutions and use them to secure their applications and data by limiting lateral threat movement, preventing data exfiltration and securing traffic between trust zones.
We are looking for a writer who is passionate about how our users experience documentation, curious about how the product works and solves the security challenges in a variety of deployments including public cloud, OpenStack, Kubernetes, virtualization and containers, and staunch in developing the workflows and best practices for enabling users to successfully deploy our technologies. Your effort will directly contribute in helping our users fully utilize the investment in our products and generate fewer calls to our support organization. We invite you into a team that strives to deliver high quality content, in a creative, fun, and inclusive atmosphere.
- Facility with technology—You’re curious, not afraid to be hands-on with the products, and you can empathize with the challenges our customers face
- Know the craft—You like writing more than you like doing anything else and you have an innate ability to think like and write for network administrators
- Innovation—You are curious, creative, and love to experiment with new ways to present information in a way that enables a positive user experience with our products
- Organization—You are adept at taking a large amount of technical details and organizing them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve their problems
- Initiative—You’re not afraid to propose changes to improve process and quality to improve the customer experience and you are relentless in hunting down the information you need
- Interpersonal skills—You are able to work with developers, QA, PMs, customers, SEs, and support to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them
- Problem solving skills—You have strong critical-thinking skills and use them to ensure that you are providing just the information our users need to complete the task at hand
- Must have a good knowledge and background in networking and virtualization - Knowledge of security and/or authentication technologies (such as Kerberos, SAML, LDAP), PKI, certificate management are a plus
- Ability to see the big picture and proven track record of creating concepts, use cases, and best-practice workflows from scratch
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction
- Minimum 5 years of proven technical writing experience
- Proficient with Oxygen XML Author and AcrobatPro - Experience with Adobe Experience Manager is highly desirable
- Proficient with source control tools (GitLab)
- Experience with topic-based writing (DITA or XML authoring)
- Video tutorial creation (Videate), and/or proficiency developing illustrations (Google Slides) a plus
The Palo Alto Networks TechDocs team directly helps our customers improve their security posture to best protect against cyber threats. As a part of the R&D organization, we work hands-on with products throughout the development cycle to serve as the voice of our users and to identify best practice workflows.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs