Part Time Fixed Term Technical Coach, Cybersecurity
As a Cybersecurity Technical Coach you will act as a supporting instructor while students are working through the curriculum of our cybersecurity program for one of our enterprise clients. Cybersecurity Technical Coaches work in close collaboration with instructors to determine how to maximize their time and support for students in our program. Technical Coaches may support students through one on one check-ins, helping students uncover the solutions to technical labs and assignments by guiding them through a process of directed inquiries and incremental hints, and leveraging other methods of academic support and intervention in conjunction with their team.
In this role, your responsibilities will include guiding students through technical challenges while they are working through Flatiron School’s cybersecurity curriculum, helping them to deepen their understanding of cybersecurity concepts, and providing feedback to help evaluate student knowledge of a specific content area. Successful Cybersecurity Technical Coaches can inspire and energize students to help them build their confidence as they work through difficult challenges in the Flatiron School curriculum. This role is a fixed-term instructional role requiring individuals to teach Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday from 7:30pm-10:30pm EST. The fixed-term is scheduled to begin on December 11th, 2023 and to end on December 5th, 2024.
- Guide students through labs efficiently, effectively, and with kindness when they are stuck.
- Conduct project review assessments by objectively evaluating student knowledge against the Flatiron School standards in each course and phase of the curriculum.
- Work hand in hand with the instructional team on monitoring student aptitude and progress; collaborate on remediation plans and support plans as necessary.
- Participate in pilots aimed at bettering our student experience and outcomes.
- Integrate feedback given by students, colleagues, and managers to continually improve.
- Support students on projects and assessments, helping to identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- Embrace change and thrive in ambiguity by helping students and staff with real-time efforts, like being part of new experiments and initiatives, troubleshooting features that are shared to students, and escalating issues that you need help within a timely manner.
- Strive to ask questions and provide solutions rather than simply pointing out problems.
- Collaborate with teammates to address outstanding student issues.
- Strong communication skills, and great judgment about what communications to use in a particular situation or on a particular medium.
- Service orientation: You are delighted to help people succeed, whether that is your colleagues at Flatiron School, or the students you are teaching.
- The ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of colleagues, from curriculum developers to instructors to the Technical Faculty Manager.
- Knowledge and experience/familiarity in any number of the following:
- Network security, systems security, logs and detection administration, cyber threat intelligence processes, cryptography, application security, python coding, penetration testing, and GRC.
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Mac OS and their performance monitoring tools
- Tools: Wireshark, Command Line Network Tools (SSH, nmap, netstat, etc.), Vulnerability
- Applied Knowledge in GRC and RMF
- Physical and Virtual Networking
- Governance, Compliance, Risk Management Framework, Incident Response Planning
- SIEM, System/Application Monitoring, or Performance Tools, predominantly SPLUNK
- Applied cryptography and cryptographic protocols
- Application development using Python, additional languages a plus
- Fundamentals of Penetration Testing
This is a remote role. This role is a fixed-term instructional role requiring individuals to teach Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday from 7:30pm-10:30pm EST. The fixed-term is scheduled to begin December 11th, 2023 and end on December 5th, 2024. Business casual attire required.
80 hours of prep work expected, can happen during regular business hours or after regular business hours. Prep work will be between December 11th, 2023 and January 7th, 2024.
Off weeks include: April 21st-25th, April 28th-May 2nd, June 9th-13th, October 13th-17th, and October 20th-24th.
There will be eight weeks where there will be an alternative weekly schedules:
- January 14th-18th: Class Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- February 18th-22nd: Class Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- March 24th-28th:Class Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- May 26th-30th: Class Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- July 21st-25th, Class Sunday, Monday, Wednesday
- August 11th-15th: Class Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday
- September 1st-5th: Class Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
- November 10th-14th, Class Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
- Upon successful completion, this candidate would be eligible for a $3,000 completion bonus
About Flatiron School
As a leader in the tech industry, Flatiron School believes that education is the best investment you can make in your future. We’re committed to helping change lives and the world for the better. Our courses provide an immersive, outcomes-driven curriculum for students looking to launch a career in Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Data Science, or Product Design. Courses are offered both online and in-person on campuses across the country. Flatiron School is frequently ranked as a top coding bootcamp by industry publications. In addition to student programs, we also offer targeted education solutions for organizations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Flatiron School provides equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran, military status or any other legally protected characteristic. This includes recruiting, hiring, working conditions, benefits, and other employment matters such as pay, promotion, demotion, transfer, termination, and reduction in force. It is the policy of Flatiron School to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and to ensure equal opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment or potential employment. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Flatiron School values and encourages diversity and solicits applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Flatiron School is committed to working with people from all walks of life. If you require a reasonable accommodation in any part of the employment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Application security Compliance Cryptography Governance Incident response Linux Monitoring Network security Nmap Pentesting Python Risk management SIEM Splunk SSH Teaching Threat intelligence Windows
More jobs like this
Remote in the United … Remote in the United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 30K - 51K * USD 30K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Application Security Engineer - North Central region (Remote in the U.S.)Application security Burp Suite C Checkmarx CI/CD Computer Science +9
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs