Senior Application Security Engineer
FingerprintJSThe Fingerprint device intelligence platform works across web and mobile applications to identify all visitors with 99.5% accuracy — even if they’re anonymous.
Fingerprint empowers developers to stop online fraud at the source.
We work on turning radical new ideas in the fraud detection space into reality. Our products are developer-focused and our clients range from solo developers to publicly traded companies. We are a globally dispersed, 100% remote company with a strong open-source focus. Our flagship open source project is Fingerprint (18K stars on GitHub).
We have raised $44M and are backed by Craft Ventures (previously invested in Tesla, Facebook, Airbnb), Nexus VP (previously invested in Postman, Hasura) and Uncorrelated Ventures (previously invested in Redis, Rollbar & Gradle).
As a Senior Application Security Engineer, you will work closely with the engineering teams and play a pivotal role in ensuring that security is integrated at every stage of the software development lifecycle.
- You will provide guidance to engineers on secure coding practices, participate in coding reviews to identify any potential security vulnerabilities, and advise on remediation strategies
- Conduct security reviews to evaluate applications for potential vulnerabilities
- Own threat modeling - Understand the application’s architecture, identifying potential attack vectors and devising strategies to mitigate these threats
- Integrate security tools and processes into the DevOps pipeline
- Assist in response and recovery in the event of a security incident or breach
- Raise awareness about application security within the organization.
- 5+ years of experience as an Application Security Engineer
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages with an understanding of the intricacies and potential security flaws
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Knowledge of secure coding practices
- Proficiency with security tools and technologies - static/dynamic analysis tools, penetration testing tools, knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems and encryption.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Must be able to articulate complex security concepts to engineers and other stakeholders in a simple, understandable way.
- Ability to write clear and concise security reports and presenting findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work effectively as a team with engineers, respect different perspectives and collaborate towards a common goal with business priorities in mind
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Deep understanding of the problem space and a systematic approach to problem solving is a must.
- Ability to critically evaluate the security of a system, assess the impact of potential vulnerabilities and consequences of different security decisions
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Familiarity with application security frameworks and standards like NIST, CIS, CSA ,etc
- Experience in a fast paced startup environment
- Golang experience
- Experience with AWS technologies
Compensation Range:$150,000 - 220,000
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all US based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Offers vary depending on, but not limited to, relevant experience, education, certifications/licenses, skills, training, and market conditions.
Due to regulatory and security reasons, there’s a small number of countries where we cannot have Fingerprint teammates based. Additionally, because Fingerprint is an all-remote company and people can join our workforce from almost any country, we DO NOT sponsor visas. Fingerprint teammates need to be authorized to work from their home location.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. Fingerprint strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace. We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
If you are applying as a resident of California, please read our CCPA notice here
If you are applying as a resident of the EU, please read our GDPR notice here
More jobs like this
Remote Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 120K - 200K * USD 120K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Career development Conferences Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs