Enterprise Network Consultant
Chicago, IL, United States
Burwood Group, IncIT consulting and integration firm helping information technology leaders to design, use, and manage technology to transform business and improve outcomes.
Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven industry leader, that helps companies use and manage technology to transform business and improve outcomes. Founded in 1997, headquartered in Oak Brook, IL, we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with team members spread from Southern California to North Carolina.
Burwood fosters an employee ownership culture that applauds both teamwork and personal growth. We’ve cultivated an incredible team of people who are dedicated to their craft and passionate about using their skills to impact the success of the company. Join our team and build a career as unique as you are.
What You’ll Do
The Network Security Consultant provides subject matter expertise around Burwood’s technology solutions to our customers. As a Network Security Consultant, you will join a Center of Excellence where you’ll interact with your peers across the country to develop best practices and future solutions.
The Network Security Consultant responsibilities include:
- Provide design, implementation and support expertise to clients and project teams.
- Understand customer requirements and align with technology solutions.
- Work closely with other project team members and manage and execute project level tasks and milestones.
- Mentor junior and mid-level consultants.
- Participate in business development and pre-sales activities.
- Ongoing evaluation and improvement of internal processes.
- Stay current on market trends, technologies, and best practices.
Who You Are:
- You have a strong IT and Consulting background.
- You are able to engage at the CxO and Director/Manager levels as well as manage tasks on engagements.
- You build relationships and bring considerable value, and you have a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations.
- You are able to quickly adapt to a fast-paced sales and quality-based delivery model, work in a team-based environment, and self-manage your time.
- You are dedicated to continual learning and staying current on technology to always have a point-of-view worth sharing.
- You have excellent communication skills whether that be in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail.
- You don’t mind responsibility, you’re accountable for your work and dedicated to a job well done.
- You have a passion for technology and always want to learn something new.
- You’re willing to travel.
The Tech Stuff
- Strong understanding of network and network security architectures, solutions, processes, frameworks, and components.
- Strong understanding of mobile devices and how they interact with the network.
- Hands-on experience working with Cisco routers and switches
- Hands-on experience working with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Network protection including firewalls, IDS/IPS, SSL, VPN, DLP, NAC, and WAF.
- Incident response including security monitoring, network and endpoint visibility, threat management, and forensics.
- Identity management including AAA, AD/ADFS, MFA, SSO, RADIUS
- Endpoint / server / data protection including antivirus, malware protection, web/URL filtering, and MDM
- Risk / compliance including policy management, vulnerability management, log management, and change control, and security analytics / reporting (e.g. Splunk)
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs