Information Security Engineer - Security Operations Centre
IFS is a billion-dollar revenue company with 5000+ employees on all continents. We deliver award-winning enterprise software solutions through the use of embedded digital innovation and a single cloud-based platform to help businesses be their best when it really matters–at the Moment of Service™.
At IFS, we're flexible, we're innovative, and we're focused not only on how we can engage with our customers, but on how we can make a real change and have a worldwide impact. We help solve some of society's greatest challenges, fostering a better future through our agility, collaboration, and trust.
We celebrate diversity and accept that there are so many different perspectives in this world. As a truly international company serving people from around the globe, we realize that our success is tantamount to the respect we have for those different points of view.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be part of a global, diverse environment; you will be joining a winning team with a commitment to sustainability; and a company where we get things done so that you can make a positive impact on the world.
We're looking for innovative and original thinkers to work in an environment where you can #MakeYourMoment so that we can help others make theirs.
If you want to change the status quo, we'll help you make your moment. Join Team Purple. Join IFS.
Corporate Services (CoS) is responsible for the information security of all information systems across the global IFS organisation. The Information Security Engineer position complements the existing CoS security team by bringing deep technical security skills, especially in Microsoft technologies, to help protect our IT infrastructure, systems and services from a range of security threats. Based in Kolkata, India, the position forms part of a global Security Operations Centre (SOC) team which is consciously geographically distributed to protect against single points of failure as well as support a 24*5 operation model of continuous service availability. Working hours will be classified on three shifts operating
model and limited periods of working outside this time frame may be necessary in response to specific projects or events. Appropriate compensation will be included within the offer of employment should the candidate be successful.
We are looking for an Information Security Engineer with a passion for information security and a hunger to develop and succeed in their career. Working as a member of the Corporate Services security team, the Security engineer supports the Security Operations Centre (SOC) by developing, maintaining and executing the SOC internal processes in accordance with the Incident Response Playbooks and overall IFS Information Security Strategy across the global IFS IT infrastructure. The Security Engineer role includes providing investigation and remediation support in the event of a significant security incident.
· Ability to work well in a Team
· Good analytical skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Experience in incident response and incident management.
· Knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK framework
· Experience in EDR, malware detection, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
· Experience with a SIEM solutions (Splunk, Sentinel, QRadar, ArcSight, LogRhythm, ELK, etc.)
· Knowledge and experience on Cloud services and security (Azure preferred).
· Experience with Microsoft Security Suite (Office365 Defender, Defender Cloud App, Security and Compliance center)
· Experience with protocol analysis and tools (Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.)
· Technical knowledge of Internet security, networking protocols, and related technologies, including IDS/IPS, firewalls, content filtering, Network Behavior Analysis tool, and packet inspection.
· Basic understanding of Windows, Linux, network device monitoring and logging techniques.
· Basic understanding of host and network security hardening, networking protocols, common intrusion techniques, and common risk management concepts.
· Programming and scripting skills – (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
· A passion for cyber security and a keen interest in IT;
· Serve as an ambassador for IFS information security practice, promoting best practice and helping develop a healthy, engaged information security culture across the organisation
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to think like an adversary whilst operating meticulously in accordance with IFS policies and code of conduct;
· Strong organisational skills and an ability to manage time efficiently.
· Excellent inter-personnel skills and an ability to share knowledge and experience to help develop others in their role;
· Excellent at prioritising and focusing on that which matters most within a particular task or set of tasks;
· An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats, security incidents and other situations of high demand.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· 4-5 years of working experience in Cyber Security
Any of the following certifications would be an advantage.
· Security Certifications – CEH, ECSA, GCIH, GCIA, SSCP, CISSP, CompTIA Security+
· Network Certifications – CCNA, CCNAS, PCNSA
· Cloud Certifications - AWS SA, AWS Security Specialty, Azure SC-200, Azure AZ-500, Azure SC-300
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognised leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners. For more information, visit: IFS.com.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: ArcSight AWS Azure CEH CISSP Cloud Compliance CompTIA ECSA EDR ELK Firewalls GCIA GCIH IDS Incident response Intrusion detection IPS IT infrastructure Linux LogRhythm Malware MITRE ATT&CK Monitoring Network security PowerShell Python QRadar Risk management Scripting Security strategy SIEM SOC Splunk SSCP Strategy Windows
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs