Manager, Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) EMEA
Remote - UK
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Security is a primary competency at Coinbase, and the Security Operations team keeps a watchful eye over every aspect of it. Every day, we face some of the most sophisticated attackers in the world to protect tens of billions of dollars worth of digital assets and ensure that our customers and employees can enjoy a safe, trusted experience. As Coinbase scales globally, our team is scaling along with it, using a blend of tooling, automation, and strategic team growth to ensure that we’re well-equipped to protect the next billion users of crypto.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
The Manager, Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) EMEA role will have broad responsibility to execute Security Operations' mission of finding and stopping bad actors targeting our systems, employees, and customers.
- Collaborating with other regional leads to ensure perfect handoff and effective follow-the-sun coverage for incident response
- Defining capability and maturity requirements to meet organizational needs, and a strategy to hire, build, or buy the right resources to meet those requirements
- Collaborating with SecOps leadership to develop program- and team-level KPIs, and holding your team accountable for meeting those metrics
- Building close relationships with stakeholder teams (Threat Intelligence, IT, Engineering, Product Security, Corporate Security) to define and execute long-term cross-functional goals, reduce organizational risk, and ensure excellence in large-scale security incident response
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
Some security teams have strict requirements about certifications, degrees, years of experience, and things like that. Not us! We’re more interested in the unique perspectives and expertise you’ll bring to the team, rather than the acronyms on your resume. However, you’ll be much more likely to be successful in this role if these bullet points seem like a good description of you:
- You've been leading incident response, threat hunting, or similar functions for a while now, probably in the realm of 3+ years.
- Working with a global team and global partners doesn’t phase you.
- You've hired lots of effective threat hunters and incident responders before, and can pick out extraordinary talent from the crowd.
- The teams you've managed have consistently been recognized for their performance and job satisfaction.
- You frequently get praise from your peers and coworkers about your communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You're comfortable leading highly sensitive, complex incidents and investigations to resolution
- You have effective methods to handle stress and pressure, even in high-intensity situations and environments.
Nice to haves:
- You would bring a diverse perspective to the team: for example, maybe you took an unconventional route to get into your current career.
- You’ve got a passing familiarity with blockchains and cryptocurrency, or at least a good story about how you thought about investing in Bitcoin in 2014 but decided not to.
- This isn't your first rodeo - you've built or led similar programs at FinTech, FinServ, or tech companies in the past.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Incident Response Manager Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs