Software Engineer, Product Security
Palo Alto, CA
RubrikOrganizations rely on Rubrik for resilience against cyber attacks and operational disruptions with automation, fast recovery and easy cloud adoption.
About Team & About Role:
The Product Security Engineering team is responsible for building innovative security-focused features and frameworks for large scale data management products. We are looking for talented software engineers who are passionate about security, bring fresh ideas to the team and keep themselves updated with the leading industry principles and practices.
As a member of this team, you will design, build, and maintain the services to deliver a highly scalable, available and secure user experience across all Rubrik products. You will get to work on new and exciting security products and frameworks that define the future of Rubrik’s security roadmap. Along the way, you’ll help solve problems such as:
- How to monitor, identify, and prevent malicious threats to your services?
- How to enable customers to manage their sessions against potential compromise?
- How to design a scalable security layer for internet facing services?
- How to build an access control engine that works with dynamic policies in a system unique to data management platforms.
In addition to solving these engineering problems, you will also collaborate with partner teams such as Product Management, UI, UX, documentation, Infosec and support teams. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to build security software from the ground up. The problem space is wide (covering the entire Rubrik portfolio) and deep (from performant core backend architecture to easy-to-use product experiences) and has an exciting roadmap for the coming years with tangible business impact.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and write code to implement high-quality, scalable software systems
- Actively participate in or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to keep a high bar on security, quality, efficiency and testability of the products
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve them by analyzing the sources of issues and driving the resolution
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability for delivering on the assigned tasks
- Understand security protocols and use them as building blocks to build security features
- Identify attack surfaces and build solutions to harden Rubrik products
- Review designs and implementations from other engineering teams to ensure best practices in security are followed
- Evangelize secure coding practices across all engineering teams
- Create/Update highly effective documentation to enable other developers
- Participate in product and production support operations focused on Identities and Access Management (IAM) and Role Based Access Controls (RBAC) strategies and implementations
Experience You’ll Need:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in Software Development in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Java, C/C++, Python, Scala or Go
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or in any related field
- Proficiency in using security primitives to build secure software applications
- Proficiency in identifying common classes of vulnerabilities (e.g., OWASP Top 10)
- Good understanding of Linux internals, containers and virtualization concepts
- Experience architecting and developing large scale systems
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs