Defensive Security Engineer
Do you find Threat Hunting, Threat Intelligence, SIEM and EDR exciting, and do you want to be a deciding factor in IT Security in our internal as well as our customer’s environments? As IT Security Engineer you ensure operations can perform their security-related tasks based on guidelines you help define.
Areas of responsibility and technologies encountered
As Defensive Security Engineer you will be a part of Netcompany Operations and our dedicated security team consisting of skilled and committed colleagues. You will take part in defining how Denmark’s most ambitious IT company host solutions for critical Danish infrastructure and large international customers. You will encounter everything from identifying improvements to monitoring of servers and applications, optimising response, advising colleagues about alerts as well as adjusting security tools.
You will be a trusted advisor for Netcompany’s delivery and project teams regarding how to solve security-related tasks.
Your primary responsibilities involve:
- Investigate patterns and implement alerts and visualisations in our SIEM to ensure detection of suspicious events
- Respond to and follow up on alerts generated by our SIEM and EDR solutions, including adjusting these to ensure precision
- Configure integrations between our SIEM and other systems and environments, including Cloud and containers
- Configure and monitor our IDS/IPS solutions
- Have experience with both Windows and Linux, and have worked with SIEM and EDR solutions in previous positions
- Are passionate about IT Security and strive to deliver high quality
- Understand security in networks, endpoints as well as architecturally
- Keep yourself updated with the global threat landscape and can use this knowledge for mitigation and detection
- You are fluent in English both written and orally
It is a requirement for the position that you can be approved for PET security clearance.
Continue your development with us
At Netcompany, we focus on your personal and professional development.
When you join us, you will be assigned a personal mentor who will guide you through your development and assist you in achieving your goals. The close relationship with an experienced colleague ensures your well-being and provides you with concrete insights into the many different career opportunities as you build your experience.
Furthermore, you will participate in our training program, Netcompany Academy, where you will be offered courses and seminars on everything from technologies, and management to communication. All courses are taught by experienced Netcompany colleagues, which ensures that all content is highly relevant and builds upon your expertise, allowing you to be well-prepared to handle various tasks and continually improve throughout your career with us.
Be a part of an inclusive community
At Netcompany, we prioritise community highly. We actively promote an open and welcoming work culture that is built on collaboration and trust, and where there is always room for mutual sparring and support.
It is part of our culture and values that all employees, irrespective of backgrounds, identities, and experiences, are met with understanding and respect, as well as equal opportunities for development and well-being.
You will have the opportunity to learn and collaborate with colleagues from various cultures and nationalities, as we are an international company with offices in many countries.
We provide a shared environment where we engage with each other across departments and projects. Additionally, we offer a wide range of social and professional events that provide you with the best opportunities to expand and build a network already early in your career.
Send us an application
Upload your CV and a motivated cover letter to our recruitment system via the link. If you haven't received answers to all your questions, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, gender expression, sexuality, disabilities, age, religion and beliefs, political beliefs, nationality, ethnic or social background. #LI-SA1
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs