CyberSOC Defender (Australia)
Australia - Remote
Security Risk AdvisorsCybersecurity Consulting and 24x7x365 CyberSOC. SRA is a leader in advanced security testing, operations, and program development.
The Information Cybersecurity Operations Consultant position will be part of Security Risk Advisors’ CyberSOC team. This role will be involved in the day-to-day, 24x7, operations of the SOC. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a wide variety of tool sets and various client organizations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Eyes on glass security monitoring for threats.
- Respond to alerts, investigate to determine if they are true positive or false positive.
- Use the latest security monitoring technologies to detect malware and hackers.
- Use Security Information Event Management tools (SIEM), Endpoint Detection & Response tools (EDR), and Network Security Monitoring tools (NSM) such as FireEye, Fidelis, Splunk, Intel/McAfee, RSA, IBM, Symantec, Resilient, Cybereason, Tanium, CarbonBlack, Bro and Snort.
- Thoroughly document work and present findings to management suitable for customer consumption.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Ability to work non-core hours, including weekends and night shifts.
This job operates in a professional office environment or remotely as needed/required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. This is a largely sedentary role.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of this role.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with 40 working hours expected weekly. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Willingness to travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, IT Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent subject matter.
- 1-3 years of professional experience, campus applicants are welcome.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- A demonstrated passion for technology.
- Work effectively as part of a team yet function well with independent responsibilities.
- Experience or coursework around incident investigation and forensics, information security, and computer networking.
- Interest in taking the initiative for personal growth and development.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing schedules of client and project needs and willingness to work extended hours when needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high level of professionalism.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Security Risk Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at SRA are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or any similar category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
SRA’s mission is to level up every day to protect our clients and their customers. This begins with our team members and their experience. SRA prides itself on maintaining a culture where team members have a shared sense of support and belonging, consistent with our It’s Personal company value. At SRA, we prioritize transparent career pathing, varied DEI programming and community groups, competitive benefits including mental health support, and an emphasis on a sustainable, healthy, and engaging work culture. SRA has twice been named a Best Place to Work by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
These Essential Functions, Requirements, and Skills are guidelines. If you are a candidate who does not meet this exact job description but can demonstrate excellent organization, attention to detail, professionalism, flexibility, and self-direction in your professional background, we hope you apply. SRA values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and veterans to apply.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs