Information Security Engineer
Bristol, England, United Kingdom - Remote
NMINMI's payment infrastructure enables payments from a single, easy-to-use payment gateway to deliver exceptional payment processing for innovative businesses & their merchants.
With 2+ years experience in an Information Security and/or a PCI-DSS compliance role, preferably in a FinTech environment, you will be responsible for implementing information security practices and procedures to ensure our systems are secure and that we continue to deliver Level 1 PCI-DSS compliance and beyond.
Passionate about Information Security, you will be comfortable working in a time pressured dynamic environment, proactively monitoring emerging threats and responding appropriately. You should have experience of working as part of a wider Information Security Team.
What will I be doing?
You will work as part of a small team, split between the US and the UK, responsible for maintaining security systems and procedures across the business. The role will entail identifying and evaluating threats, vulnerabilities and risks that affect our payment processing solutions from SIEM and external sources, as well as supporting our compliance programmes.
You will work in support of the Infrastructure and Development teams to ensure that risk is minimised and managed effectively across our payment platform. The role will be hands on with security and monitoring systems including Logging, Vulnerability Management, IPS, Anti-Virus, Patching and others.
You will be expected to communicate effectively, understand compliance requirements and be able to deliver evidence and address compliance issues in a timely fashion, including the collection and delivery of compliance evidence.
- A positive “can do” attitude
- 2+ years in an Information Security or Cyber Security role
- Enthusiastic and passionate about Information Security
- Exposure to Windows, Linux, VMware and Network Security
- Exposure to SIEM, security logging and event management
- Some exposure to cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Understanding of vulnerability management, system hardening and patching
- Good understanding of security principles
- Experience of a risk based approach to security
- Track record of acting with integrity and confidentiality, in accordance with professional codes of ethics and the law.
- Passionate about learning new skills and self-development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Thorough and meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible approach to dealing with changing business needs
- Willing and able to travel (USA in particular) in future
- Information Security Certification (CISSP, CISMP, CEH etc).
- Direct experience of PCI-DSS Level 1 audits
- Experience of the PCI P2PE standard
- Basic understanding of encryption including PKI
- Experience of security log analysis
- Previous experience of security Google G-Suite/Workspace or Microsoft Office 365
- Previous experience of SecOps and automation
As well as being a part of something exciting everyday, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary dependent on your experience and skill set
- Annual bonus scheme dependent on individual and company performance
- 25 days holiday each year (+ bank holidays + 1 day after each year of service with up to a max. of 30 days)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Private medical insurance (upon 30 days of employment)
- A flexible remote/hybrid working arrangement
- Great work-life balance with our Flexi-time policy
- Family Friendly policies (Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay and Shared Parental Leave).
- A strong commitment to employee wellbeing including mental health first aiders, Lifeworks, an Employee Assistance Programme which offers wellbeing, family and financial support services, such as assessments, resources and even 1:1 counseling sessions. It also offers interesting perks such as discounts on gyms, restaurants, high street retailers and cinema tickets.
- Employee referral programme with generous financial reward
Please check out our careers page: https://www.nmi.com/eu/careers/company
Do you feel like you have a slightly out of the ordinary career path or history? We are open to all walks of life and very willing to hear your story. Please don’t feel like this should be a barrier to securing a great career at NMI! We appreciate success can come in all shapes and sizes. Fill in the ‘Additional Info’ box on our application to tell us more about your path.
We’re looking for creative and passionate people who share our vision of making payments easy. If that sounds like you and you meet the requirements above, then get in touch! Please be aware that all offers of employment are made subject to receipt of satisfactory background and financial checks.
We enable our partners with choice, and challenge the one-size-fits-all approach to payment. You’ve probably used NMI in the last 24 hours without even realizing it. We’re the platform that powers success for innovative tech created by SMBs, entrepreneurs and fintech startups. We’re creative problem solvers who help visionaries smash through boundaries and think beyond what’s possible so they can think about what’s next. But we’re not just built for the tech savvy. We democratize the latest payments technology so that everyone can realize the benefits of easy payments across the full spectrum of commerce. We’re all about enabling more payments in more ways and more places.
We believe that having a diverse group of employees strengthens both our work and our workplace. We’re focused on making NMI more diverse and welcoming with initiatives like having a dedicated Diversity, Equity & Inclusion action group, diversity goals for hiring, anonymized resume screening, affinity groups such as our Women's network and LGBTQ+ Network, open forums for discussions on diversity and social justice, and measuring inclusion and belonging as part of our regular employee engagement surveys.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Audits Automation AWS Azure CEH CISSP Cloud Compliance Encryption FinTech GCP IPS Linux Log analysis Monitoring Network security PKI SecOps SIEM VMware Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management Windows
More jobs like this
Kyiv, Kyiv city, Ukraine … Kyiv, Kyiv city, Ukraine - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 100K - 175K * USD 100K+ *
Security Engineer - Work Anywhere/RemoteAgile Analytics Cloud Computer Science Linux Machine Learning +6
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Medical leave Unlimited paid time off
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs