Sr. Software Engineer, Security Efficacy
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
The Security Services organization is responsible for building core security products and features, such as Data Loss Prevention, IPS, Malware and Threat Prevention, Cloud Confidence Index, and Breach and Anomaly Detection. We apply Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies across the Netskope cloud security platform. As part of the Security Services org, the Security Efficacy team is responsible for continuous enhancement and enrichment of our malware detection, URL filtering, web security, IPS, threat modeling, and SaaS/IaaS security capabilities.
What’s in it for you
As a member of the Security Efficacy team you will play a key role in the design, development and operation of the security services that power the Netskope Security Cloud. You will work across development, research and product management teams to craft innovative solutions to the most challenging problems our customers face, and use your passion for and expertise in threat protection, malware detection, web security and network security to help drive the continued evolution of our market-leading products. If you live and breathe cloud security the way we do, we would like to hear from you.
What you will be doing
- You will be an integral member of our artificial intelligence, security research and analytics team responsible for the design and development of distributed cloud data applications, with an emphasis on web and threat content generation and updating.
- Partnering with product managers, data scientists, threat researchers and data analysts to better understand customer requirements, find bottlenecks, and provide solutions.
- Designing, developing and supporting large-scale data collection, data analytics systems, machine learning model pipelines, tools, and micro services leveraging public cloud infrastructure.
- Building data pipelines and ETL using heterogeneous sources
- Expanding and growing data platform capabilities to tackle new data problems and challenges
- Researching and assessing open source technologies and components to recommend and integrate into the design and implementation
- Developing and maintaining internal infrastructure and tools to support research, development, and analytics teams.
Required skills and experience
- 4+ years of experience working with big data ecosystems, cloud computing and other distributed systems and technologies
- True startup spirit and the willingness and desire to wear multiple hats and deliver end-to-end solutions in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C/C++
- Excellent software development fundamentals and best practices, including test-driven development, CI/CD, coding standards.
- Working experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Working experience with big data platforms, such as Spark-streaming, Flink and Kafka
- Web based development experience is a plus
- Web categorization, malware detection, and threat intelligence experience is a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs