Global Compliance Strategy Engineer
Arlington, VA, USA
FluenceFluence is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and cloud-based software for renewables and storage assets.
What does a Global Compliance Engineer do at Fluence?
- Design and development of a comprehensive compliance program tailored to the specific regulatory requirements and industry standards applicable to the energy storage systems sector.
- Responsible for tracking applicable safety standards.
- Analysis of implications and obligations of new standards and state the impact on our Fluence products.
- Communicate results of the analysis and coordinate with R&D and systems engineering teams.
- Determines product safety approval test scope, develops a preliminary plan of compliance, and determines project specifications such as cost, lead time, and sample requirements
- Assist in certifying, testing and support solution creation due to certifying test issues
- Examines test samples, read and understand the blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and operational instructions. Evaluates existing product specification versus upcoming changes on regulations / standards and provides feedback to the technical teams
- Conduct risk assessments to identify potential compliance risks and vulnerabilities within the products. Based on the findings, develop strategies to mitigate these risks and ensure adherence to relevant laws, regulations and standards.
- Regular reporting to compliance & certification team and relevant stakeholders to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Monitoring & Reporting of changes on relevant standards
- Participation at Monthly Safety & Compliance meeting
- Interact with regulatory authorities, industry associations, and other relevant stakeholders to build positive relationships and stay informed about compliance trends and best practices
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Knowledge and experience are required related to BESS / ESS related IEC/ISO/UL/IEEE and other battery related standards
- Experience leading quantitative and qualitative analyses is required
- Success working independently, handling multiple tasks, and determining priorities in a team environment balanced by an ability to collaborate effectively and translate smoothly across multiple disciplines or functional groups
- Deep understanding of battery systems
- Experience in creating Hazard and Risk Analysis / Risk Assessments acc. ISO12100 / IEC 61508 or similar
- Experience with regional and global regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of battery related standards such as IEC62619 / UL1973 / IEC62933-5-1/-2 / UL9540 / UL9540A / NFPA855
- Participation in compliance / standard related councils
- Willingness to travel
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs