Pre Sales Cybersecurity Engineer - Federal ( DoD / USAF )
Washington, DC, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
As a Systems Engineer you provide technical expertise and guidance in your customer’s zero trust journey. You will play a key role in defining technical solutions that secure a customer’s key business imperatives. You evangelize our industry leadership in on-prem, cloud, and security services that establish PANW as your customer’s cybersecurity partner of choice.
Curiosity is core to the SE role, and you see complex problems as opportunities to learn and deliver innovative solutions! You define your impact by:
- Meeting and exceeding sales quotas by building and implementing strategic, technical account plans that target cross-platform solutions
- Conducting discovery to understand and articulate the key technical, operational, and commercial imperatives of your prospects and customers
- Planning and building compelling technical and business-focused solutions which drive adoption and growth after the initial sale and across the portfolio
- Demonstrating strong communication skills and the ability to influence through effective presentations and customer-specific demos, technical engagements, and workshops
- Orchestrating supporting resources to ensure a one-team approach that demonstrates a cohesive strategy
- Promoting end-to-end solutions that include PANW and/or partner professional services to ensure customers realize business value sooner
- Understanding the competitive landscape and effectively differentiate our leadership
- Continuously investing in yourself to develop technical and professional skills that drive your ever-increasing contributions to customer success while actively participating within the SE community and at industry events
- Understanding of data networking
- Delivering cybersecurity solutions that solve technical challenges and influence new business initiatives
- Influencing and gaining buy-in from key stakeholders, either in a customer-facing or internal role - prior experience in a pre-sales role is ideal
- Creating and delivering technical presentations, workshops, or technical validation engagements
- Experience selling, implementing, or managing SaaS/SASE/cloud/managed/on-prem offerings is a plus
- Partnering with Customer Support functions to ensure successful implementation and adoption of sold solutions
- Complex sales involving long sales processes with multiple buying centers and multi-product solutions is preferred
Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire,and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
You are empowered with unmatched systems and tools and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. Our Systems Engineering community is driven by the mission to be our customers’ cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting their digital way of life.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/com-missioned roles) is expected to be between $187,500/yr to $257,850/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
More jobs like this
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 144K - 233K USD 144K+
Palo Alto Networks
Principal Software Engineer (L7- Network Security)Application security C Cloud Computer Science DNS Firewalls +7
Career development Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs