Security Engineer, Vulnerability Management
San Francisco or Remote
DiscordDiscord is the easiest way to talk over voice, video, and text. Talk, chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.
Discord empowers people to create spaces where they can find a sense of belonging in their lives. Millions of people trust Discord to keep their communications secure, private, and out of the hands of evildoers, so security and privacy are necessary to Discord's success.
We are looking for a well-rounded Security Engineer reporting to the Product Security Engineering Manager to join us in identifying, tracking, and resolving threats and vulnerabilities found in the Discord platform to help protect our users and employees. If you are an Engineer with the desire to find and solve complex technical challenges, work with other engineers in the Security and Product departments, a deep sense of curiosity to “find the problem, fix the problem”, and an endless desire to improve Discord, read on!
- Investigate vulnerabilities discovered by internal tools and external reports.
- Grow and evolve our Bug Bounty Program
- Create a system to identify patterns of vulnerabilities to target for wide-reaching solutions
- Pentest Discord
What you'll do
- Execute on and improve the vulnerability management program
- Write code to solve reported problems if possible
- Build tools and processes with an emphasis on self-service, automation, and repeatability, to help identify and solve reported issues
- Work with teams across Engineering to solve reported problems
Who you are
- You have 2+ years experience securing production applications.
- You have 1+ years of experience with application security tooling and processes, including code review, static code analysis, penetration testing, or risk management.
- You have a working knowledge of Application Security concepts and best practices, particularly the OWASP Top 10.
- You have can program in at least one general purpose programming language (e.g. Python, Rust, or Node).
- Previous experience with Bug Bounty Programs (HackerOne, Bugcrowd, etc)
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $165,000 to $178,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs