Cyber Threat Analyst
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
At phia, our goal is to hire talented and passionate team members who desire to grow their skillsets, as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients, and stakeholders. We are seeking a Cyber Threat Analyst to support the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). DOE is responsible for the protection of vital national security information and technologies, representing intellectual property of incalculable value throughout nearly thirty sites and laboratories nationwide. This position is located in Washington, D.C.
- Conduct all-source research on cyber threats; evaluate both technical and Intel reporting for cyber threat activities of interest.
- Track Advanced Persistent Threats activities and TTPs; prepare cyber threat assessments based on research and unique data set and events.
- Assist in facilitating the sharing of cyber threat of information to the LE, CI, and other Government entities; execute activities to support inquiries from customers and mission partners.
- Analyze and vet cyber threat indicators, and input these indicators into custom databases for additional processing.
- Collaborate with other technical personnel (e.g. forensic analysts, network analysts) to gain better understanding and knowledge of APTs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of analytical procedures and processes in support of changing operational requirements.
- Develop and lead execution of stakeholder analyst-to-analyst feedback processes to understand the needs of the constituency.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with sponsors and collaborators, and assist them in strengthening their analysis and cyber defense capabilities, providing on-site support as necessary.
- Engage critical infrastructure stakeholders to identify their requirements for participation in cyber information sharing and collaboration programs and help lead to meet these requirements.
- Foster collaboration and information sharing among entities within the community.
- Work to continually improve the tools, processes, and systems utilized within the community.
- Produce high-quality whitepapers, presentations, briefings, and executive summaries to be used by Senior U.S. Government officials.
Education + Experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, or a related field or equivalent experience (two years of experience for each year of schooling) is required.
- 5-15 or more years of relevant work experience in cyber security.
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a DOD Top Secret/SCI or higher clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years
- DOE Q SCI clearance required before start
- Nine (9) or more years of relevant work experience in cyber security.
- Familiarity with SOC/NOC operations.
- Familiarity with Kill Chain for incident response.
- Familiarity with security technologies such as IDS, IPS, and HBSS.
- Understanding of network and system administration.
- Experience with database (e.g. MS Access, SQL) and/or portal administration (e.g. SharePoint).
- Customer service experience.
- CISSP certification or equivalent work experience
- DOE Q Clearance / DOD Top Secret; Current SCI desired. Must have had a valid investigation within last 5 years
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service oriented and mission focused.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits to enhance work-life balance and flexibility, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs