Embedded Safety Systems Consultant
UK, Great Britain, United Kingdom
Frazer-Nash ConsultancyAt Frazer-Nash, we help organisations deliver innovative engineering, systems and technology solutions to make lives safe, secure, sustainable, and affordable.
Job Title: Embedded Safety Systems Consultant
Salary range: £50,000 to £65,000 per annum
Working Pattern: We operate a flexible hybrid working pattern at Frazer-Nash, with time split between the office, client sites and working from home.
Closing date for this role is 30th November but we would encourage early applications.
As a consultancy, Frazer-Nash looks to engage our embedded software engineers on interesting and innovative projects that really matter, and provide a safe, secure and sustainable future within the defence, space, medical and renewable energy domains. Our embedded systems projects vary in scale from the independent assessment and assurance of embedded control systems for some of the most complex and high-profile engineering projects in the UK today, through to research projects and the rapid prototyping and demonstration of bespoke devices. You will be working in a close-knit growing team with a mix of experience on projects that are varied both in scale and industry sector. This diversity and growth of our embedded systems development capability provides a wealth of opportunities for career development and progression within our team. Alongside the technical aspects of the role, effective communication is also key as we collaborate widely internally, with partners and with our broad customer base.
The role will involve hybrid working in our offices and laboratories, at home, and at clients’ sites depending on the needs of projects.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
• An Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Physics or a General Engineering Degree (Masters/PhD or Batchelors with evidence of post graduate experience).
• Experience in embedded software safety/ mission critical system development within defined industry standards. (e.g. IEC 61508, IEC 61511, IEC 61513, ISO 26262, DO-178C, etc.).
• Industrial experience in embedded control and/or developing embedded software architectures for robotics, sensor systems and/or similar applications.
• Experience of developing systems from initial concept through to realisation.
It is to your advantage if you have experience in some of the following:
• Model Based Design (MBD) and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
• Safety/mission critical user interfacing devices (HMI / UI).
• Bare metal / pure software language (C/C++/Rust) safety/mission critical development.
• Experience of technology selection and the development of novel embedded systems/platforms, robotics, real-time controls, and/or similar.
• Understanding of system operational vulnerabilities.
• Industry experience in hardware and software integration.
• Understanding of waveform design and implementation within RF/microwave systems.
• Experience of working collaboratively on medium to large multi-discipline projects.
• Experience of mentoring and developing Early Careers Embedded Software Engineers.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Happy To Talk Flexible Working
- Competitive salary: [£50,000 - £65,000]
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Season rail ticket loan
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply, as we believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamental to creating a dynamic and thriving workplace culture.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs