Cloud Network & Cyber Security Engineer
Keypath EducationTogether let’s transform online education so we can transform the world. Collaborate with us to reimagine your online learning program selection, design and delivery.
A little bit about us
At Keypath, you can be part of something bigger.
As a leading global EdTech company, we partner with world-leading universities to design and deliver the most career-relevant online education solutions that help solve our global social and economic challenges.
We are a fast-growing, and fast-moving international team who value collaboration, innovation, and lifelong learning in our mission to unlock greatness in educators, their students, and our people.
We have offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Chicago, Toronto, London, and soon in SE Asia and we connect, collaborate, and operate as a truly global company. We have experienced tremendous growth since we launched only seven years ago and now have over 700 employees (Keypathers!) across the globe with clear plans to double that in the next few years.
Keypath Education Australia has a distributed workforce. Our people are working all over Australia, in our offices or from their home offices. We put our people first, which means you choose where you want to work from, including if you want to work from home.
The Cloud Network and Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining secure and scalable cloud and on-premise network architectures.
In addition this role will help lead cyber security efforts, securing our sensitive data and critical assets from current and emerging threats, and be the primary technical contact for all information security tooling, security risk and incident mitigation efforts, and documentation in our APAC region.
- Design and implement scalable and resilient cloud network architectures across multiple cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS) to support our business operations.
- Ensure high availability, performance, and reliability of cloud-based networks by implementing redundancy, load balancing, and fault-tolerant configurations.
- Perform cyber defense incident triage, to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact, identifying the specific vulnerability, and making recommendations that enable timely remediation.
- Collect intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, Trojans) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential cyber defense incidents within the enterprise.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and design network solutions that meet business needs.
- Partner with leadership to educate staff in security best practices and requirements laid out in company security and technology policies and standards.
- Enforce policies, procedures, and security controls to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and standards, such as SOC 2 and ISO 27001.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or a minimum 5-years’ experience in a cyber security or cloud systems engineering role.
- Hands-on experience with SIEM, encryption, endpoint protection, anti-virus, security monitoring agents, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, and data loss prevention required.
- Hands-on experience in migration of on-premises infrastructure to cloud-hosted infrastructure.
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and Teams.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with Legal, IT Management, and functional leaders to drive decisions and move projects forward.
- Experience in leading teams and project management.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of cyber security tools (i.e., vulnerability scanning, pen testing).
- Experience with Microsoft 365 administration (i.e., Entra, Purview, Defender/Intune, etc).
- Basic understanding of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) a plus.
- Experience in drafting and maintaining security policies and documenting Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
So why Keypath?
Be you and belong:
- Sure, anyone can tell you how good their company culture is, but we encourage you to read all of our SEEK reviews to form your own opinion. We also have AWEI Bronze Employer for LGBTIA inclusion, ranked #8 Best Place To Work Australia©, and a Gallup Employee Engagement Score of 4.37.
- A caring and engaged Global CEO who replies to all Glassdoor reviews personally.
- A dedicated D&I committee
- We listened to our people and moved to a distributed workforce. So you can work from your home office or in the office, if and when you choose.
Join the global edtech boom
- We’re a leading EdTech company in a booming industry.
- You’ll have the opportunity to innovate and collaborate with global peers, as we rapidly expand into new markets and with new partners, globally.
Supported to be your best
- We offer discounted study opportunities through our University partners and ongoing in-house training opportunities.
- As we grow, so do your career-path opportunities.
Make a difference in the world
- We have a bold vision to transform education and transform the world.
- We’re helping to upskill and reskill over 30,000 people globally.
- Our programs are purposefully designed to meet the needs of the future of work, helping to solve our future economic and social challenges.
Rewards & Benefits
- Our IT team sends you everything you need to be successful in your role including a laptop, monitors, keyboard and mouse.
- Internet Allowance to support you working from home.
- A supportive and clear pathway for career progression and career development. Ask our team about our Future Leaders Academy, Learning Labs, and upskilling with LinkedIn Learning.
- Paid Mental Health days to empower you to take rest and relaxation to support your health and wellbeing.
- Toolkits focused on Digital Health and Mental Health including access to Headspace.
Want to make a difference in the world? Become a Keypather.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds, People with Disability, and people from the LGBTQIA+ Community.
*Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Bengaluru Quay - Bagmane … Bengaluru Quay - Bagmane Tech Park (KSDC) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 45K - 84K * USD 45K+ *
Cyber R&R- Cyber Defence and Engineering-Senior Associate-BLR/HYD/KOL/MUMAnalytics Clearance Clearance Required Compliance Cyber defense Forensics +7
Career development Transparency
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs