Security Operations Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
We currently have a exciting opportunity for a hands-on Security Operations Manager to join our team. Working closely with our CISO, the successful individual is required to protect esure's information systems and networks from security breaches and cyber threats.
The role involves leading a team of Security analysts and specialists responsible for responding to security events, conducting investigations, and improving a portfolio of cybersecurity tools, with that team management experience is required for the role.
The SecOps Manager will also get the opportunity to lead on various projects and be involved in vendor selections.
If you're looking to make a positive impact in an innovative business, this could be the role for you!
Day to day activities
- Operational Oversight: Lead daily operations of the Security Operations Team, including detection, response, and resolution of security incidents.
- Team Leadership: Lead, train, and mentor and develop the team.
- Investigations: Coordinate the management and escalation of security incidents, coordinating responses with internal and external partners, including Legal, DPO, and Fraud teams.
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships with external vendors to ensure the receipt of high-quality and timely services.
- Policy Enforcement: Ensure that all security operations are conducted in accordance with company policies and regulations.
- Reporting: Regularly update the CISO and other senior leaders on the status of ongoing security operations initiatives and the current risk posture. Provide security operations metrics for monthly KPI and KRI indicators.
- Monitoring and Analysis: Continuously supervise security systems, analyse potential threats and vulnerabilities, and use security and network tools to identify and categorize incidents.
- Incident Response: Take timely action in the case of a security breach
- Security Tooling: Maintain and update security operation tools to improve threat detection.
- Threat Intelligence: Stay up to date with the latest intelligence on cybersecurity threats, including malware, ransomware, and phishing tactics, to pre-empt potential attacks.
- Runbook and Policy Development: Develop security policies and runbooks, and assist in conducting regular audits to ensure compliance.
- Training and Education: Provide advice and training to staff to raise awareness of InfoSec and promote good security practices.
- Standby and Callout: Provide out-of-hours support as part of a standby rota for high-priority alerts and incidents outside of business hours.
- Continuous Improvement: Recommend and implement new cyber initiatives to evolve esure's cyber capability.
What we'd love you to have:
- Proven experience in a cybersecurity environment,
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or other relevant credentials are helpful.
- Experience leading security incidents in an enterprise setting. Experience with fraud and financial crime investigations is desirable.
- In-depth understanding of information security concepts, cyber risk management, and various security technologies, including EDR, DLP, SWG, ZTNA, SIEM, Email Gateway, and Firewalls.
- Strong leadership skills and being dedicated to mentoring and upskilling multi-disciplinary teams.
- Hands-on experience with Active Directory, AWS, and Azure cloud platforms, as well as Windows and Linux operating systems.
This is your opportunity to shape our game-changing journey and be part of something truly special! And to top it off, here are some perks to life at esure…
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills and potential
- A bonus scheme that celebrates your contribution to esure’s success
- Discounts on our insurance products, for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flex days to be taken as and when suits you
- Benefits just for you: our hub – My Benefits Box – is loaded with perks to choose from, so you can build a personal toolkit to support your health, wellbeing, lifestyle, and finances.
- Grow your career with us: whatever your goals, we’ll support you with hands-on training, mentoring, a LinkedIn Learning licence, access to our exclusive Academies, regular career conversations, and expert partner resources from the likes of Women in Data and Women in Tech.
- Join our communities: our networks give you the chance to connect, learn and share with like-minded colleagues across the business – for work and play. So, it’s no surprise our people consistently rate ‘making friends at work’ one of the highest scorers in our colleague engagement survey
- More flexibility for you: we’re a proud supporter of the ABI’s Make Flexible Work campaign and welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need, whether it’s part time, job sharing, or compressed hours. Our hybrid working approach also puts you in the driving seat of how and where you do your best work.
- Live a healthy lifestyle: we offer lots of support, so you feel like the best version of yourself – like specialist advice through our employee assistance programme, wellbeing classes, access to the My Health Advantage app, our Big Team Challenge, and learning sessions on topics like menopause.
- A helping hand to do your bit for a greener and safer world: driving good in the world couldn’t be more important to us. That’s why we encourage colleagues to use volunteering days to support their local communities and have lots of initiatives to help you live a greener lifestyle.
- Everyday appreciation: praise from your colleagues means the world! Our social recognition tool makes it easy to give colleagues the praise they deserve, and you could even be shortlisted for a company-wide ACE Award.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you are excited about joining us and think you have some of what we are looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure we would love to hear from you.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Active Directory Audits AWS Azure CISM CISSP Cloud Compliance EDR Firewalls Incident response Linux Malware Monitoring Risk management SecOps SIEM Threat detection Threat intelligence Vendor management Vulnerabilities Windows ZTNA
More jobs like this
Remote - Ireland Remote - Ireland Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote Ireland, UK and CanadaNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Remote - United Kingdom Remote - United Kingdom Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 45K - 85K * USD 45K+ *
Director Analyst, Cryptography and Encryption - Remote UK, IrelandAES Blockchain C Certificate management Cloud Compliance +13
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Health care Insurance +5
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs