Security Engineer (Contractor)
Oakdale, United Kingdom
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we are leading the way in avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We are looking to engage the services of a Security Engineer to work on a project within the CIS and Cyber domains. The role will be responsible for providing security domain expertise. Ideal candidates will come from a defence background, with experience implementation and compliance with Security Architectural Frameworks such as: Infosec Standard 1&2 (IS1&2), ISO27001 and excellent knowledge of security defence standards, policies and guidelines.
- Work with the Technical Project Managers and the Solution Design Team to create required security deliverables for the project.
- Provide security authority and guidance to the project, ensuring Security is part of all Engineering decisions.
- Support the generation and maintenance of project level security documentation
- Develop and support assurance for all project Security outputs.
- Hands on experience of Model Based System Engineering
- Development and implementation of open architectures
- Deliver a coherent, integrated, and layered Security Architecture.
- Ensure risks and issues are within the boundaries of the Accreditors risk appetite through identification of appropriate risk mitigations.
- Liaise as required with the customer Security representative and produce supporting artefacts for SyTLMs.
- Traceability of security design to requirements
- Assist in the conduct of secure configuration and integration activities.
- Work with the wider Design team to ensure implementations are compatible with the Security Design.
- Work with the wider test team to provide evidence from security functional tests.
The candidate will have experience in large, complex systems across all phases of the project lifecycle in a security context and will have produced security designs, and successfully have taken these through accreditation, and into support.
Previous experience of implementation and compliance with any of the following Security Architectural Frameworks:
- System Administration and Networking and Security (SANS) Institute Framework;
- National Institute of Standards Technology Framework SP 800-53;
- National Institute of Standards Technology Cyber Security Framework
- NATO Communications Information Agency (NCIA) Standards;
- ISO 27001 (2013); BS ISO/IEC 27001:2013;
- Infosec Standard 1&2 (IS1&2);
- European Directive on security of Networks and Information Systems Directive (NIS Directive); and
- any other demonstrably relevant standard or framework (SABSA, COBIT etc.)
General Dynamics Mission Systems utilises QDOS IR35 Status Review. The requirements of this contract have been evaluated as Outside IR35 – Prior to the engagement start you will need to complete a status questionnaire in order to receive the finalised status determination.
All successful/appointed applicants must be able to obtain a level of UK Security clearance that is appropriate for the role and undertake suitable Right to work checks.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Communications House,, Staines-Upon-Thames, United … Communications House,, Staines-Upon-Thames, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 135K - 220K * USD 135K+ *
Mobile Security Engineer - CertificationAndroid Banking C Finance Industrial Linux +7
Competitive pay Flex hours Gear Home office stipend Salary bonus
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs