Digital Forensics Analyst - Hybrid
XOR Security an Agile Defense Company is currently seeking a Digital Forensics Analyst to support an Agency-level Focused Operations (FO) team at DHS. The FO program is part of a team that provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. The successful candidate will support multiple aspects of the Agency’s digital forensic analysis of observed or suspected malware samples/evidence and investigate computer security incidents to include insider threat investigations. The successful candidate will support all case work related to forensics investigations for a variety of platforms and devices, including networks, file and operating systems, memory, email, and browsers. As these cases and activities may be used as evidence as part of legal proceedings for potential computer crimes, the Lab manager must be highly disciplined in handing and enforcing strict protocols for case management, chain of custody, and reporting.
***On site once a week in Springfield, VA
- Work according to forensic lab processes and procedures uniformly and comprehensively.
- Support case load and assist with forensic analysis and reporting of case workload when required.
- Discover data applicable to legal proceedings such as litigation, government investigations, or Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)requests, where the information sought is in electronic format.
- Assist government personnel to review collected data for privilege and relevance before it is turned over to the requesting party.
- Perform forensics collection of eDiscovery data using EnCase® software and Access Data products, as well as other existing tools; data sources include (but are not limited to), Cloud-based files, Email Files, Text Messages, Call Detail Records, Log Files, Chat Logs.
- Be responsible for all facets of eDiscovery requests associated with FO cases.
- Track evidence inventory for intake and release of all evidence items ensuring proper handling and maintenance of evidence and chain of custody records.
- Develop and maintain the biweekly eDiscovery activities report that identifies eDiscovery team accomplishments and goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Possess at least 3 years of directly relevant experience performing digital forensic analysis with some leadership responsibilities.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required.
- Knowledge of, understanding, and experience with the stages of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) and Federal Rules of Civil Procedures (FRCP).
- Familiarity with at least one of the following tools: EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, Autopsy/Sleuthkit
- Knowledge of investigative methods to locate specific electronic data.
- Proficiency in the latest cyber forensics, response, and reverse engineering skills and understanding of the latest exploit methodologies.
XOR Security an Agile Defense Company offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation, and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security an Agile Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
RICHLAND, WA - Remote RICHLAND, WA - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 35K - 65K * USD 35K+ *
North Wind Group
Vulnerability Remediation Analyst II 03115 NWSOLCISA Clearance IT infrastructure Security Clearance Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs