Technologist HW/FW Product Security Engineer for SSDs
Milpitas, CA, United States
Western DigitalWestern Digital, leaders in digital storage solutions compatible with Mac and PC. FREE shipping, friendly support, and 30-day return policy on storage products.
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
The Hardware/Firmware Product Security Engineer will be a member of the Product Security Assurance team specializing in security considerations for hardware and firmware components in flash storage devices (SSDs). This individual will provide crystal-clear technical direction and risk mitigation guidance for diverse engineering and business leaders at all levels. This person will also lead the evolution of secure development practices for hardware and firmware components. During the product development process, this individual will advise the development team on security requirements and evaluate the architecture with a security lens. The HW/FW Product Security Engineer will lead security risk assessments, guide threat modeling activities, and participate in validation of security requirements at the component or system level. Our ideal teammate has experience architecting and developing hardware/firmware that meets the highest cybersecurity standards, is highly motivated and passionate about technology. This ideal candidate is eager to stay up to date with the latest industry trends and technologies and enjoys participating in industry consortiums. If this applies to you – join our collaborative team to develop together the next big thing in data!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement security architectures and features for hardware and storage devices
- Be a key technical contributor to the continuous improvement of the Secure Development Lifecycle
- Develop reference threat models for hardware components and devices overall
- Assist development teams in adapting the reference threat model to the product/component specific threat model
- Perform security assessments, code audits and design reviews of embedded platforms throughout the secure development lifecycle
- Raise awareness and understanding of security considerations with engineers and leaders at all levels of the organization
- Collaborate with development teams on security during design/development/testing
- Partner with teams to develop robust security validation plans and verify implementations of security controls
- Research and develop technical solutions to mitigate security risks
- Participate in industry consortiums/standards bodies and conduct research to identify new attack vectors and industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree or greater with focus in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field from an accredited college/university
- Design and engineering of security requirements and security controls for storage devices
- Knowledge of cybersecurity standards and best practices
- Hardware & Firmware security architecture design and integration
- Knowledge of low level hardware-software interactions, such as storage in flash, RAM or cache
- Working understanding of security threats, security risk assessments, security threat modeling, security risk mitigation, and security incident reporting
- Experience working with cryptographic protocols/libraries
Typical Minimum Experience Preferred (Desired Skills/Experience)
- 5-7 years of related experience preferred
- 3+ years of embedded hardware/software design and development
- Familiar with FIPS 140
- Experience with two or more of the following: real-time software development, vehicle electronics and controls, embedded systems design, application security, penetration testing, incident response
- Experience with embedded software development is a plus
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at email@example.com to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs