Network Security Lead
ExperianExperian is committed to helping you protect, understand, and improve your credit. Start with your free Experian credit report and FICO® score.
Discover the Unexpected
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data in order to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped businesses grow, consumers and small businesses gain access to financial services, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 18k amazing employees in 40+ countries believe the possibilities for you, and the world, are growing. We’re investing in the future, through new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
To do this we employ the greatest and brightest minds that share our purpose and want to make a difference. Experian Asia Pacific's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, equity, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on. We’re committed to fostering a strong sense of belonging and a place where you can bring your true self to work.
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours. We’re an award winning organisation due to our strong people first focus. This includes Top Employer™ and Great Place To Work™ accreditations.
Learn more at www.experianplc.com
Experian is looking for a highly motivated, passionate, and enthusiastic individual who is interested in providing the highest level of support for our global network security team that provides and operates effective, secure, optimized network security solutions for our customers. The team is comprised of subject matter experts that are focused on network security controls, including perimeter firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, web filtering gateways (proxy), web application firewalls, etc. in both on premises and cloud environments.
The Network Security Lead is focused on technical leadership, support, daily operations, customer service and mentorship of senior and junior engineers. This role will also proactively engage with the business units and the Experian Global Security Office to ensure that all support gaps associated with Network Security are identified, added to a solution plan (roadmap), and resolved.
- Manage and lead a local regional team that performs day-to-day operations and administration of network security controls, including cloud and premise-based Web Application Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Web Gateways, and Firewalls.
- Develop and implement device configuration standards, and policies and procedures that provide world class support to our business and clients
- Support Network Services, Capacity planning and management, Plan for Disaster Recovery, Contingencies and Business Continuity
- Hire, train, and supervise the network staff and ensures the staff is empowered to exercise initiative and work creatively
- Create technical drawings/documentation and create management reports and metrics
- Take a leadership role in high level cross-functional / cross-organizational team projects
- Be flexible and handle competing/changing priorities
- Identify and resolve capability gaps and operational inconsistencies across the monitoring landscape
- Provide SME expertise on security tool capabilities and configuration adjustments when needed to contain security incidents or block future security attacks
- Ensure that the Engineering Team resolves support requests and incidents within defined SLOs
- Coordinate with local and remote resources to install new hardware systems
- Work with Server and Network engineering teams on initial configurations and deployments
- Troubleshoot hardware/software and network issues, including VPN
- Open support tickets with system/application vendors
- Perform appropriate change ticketing and documentation
- Serve as a Security Infrastructure expert and representative on global technology projects
- Participate in the evaluation of new systems and technologies
- Manage system health and capacity utilizing monitoring tools
Serve as on-call support on a rotational basis
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, related technical field OR equivalent experience
- Experiencing in leading and mentoring technical personnel in a global organization
- At least 10+ years of practical experience, (deployment, configuration, management, and support), working with various network and security control technologies.
- 10-12 years of hands-on systems administration or network security experience
- Specific experience with a combination of network security platforms such as Incapsula, SecureSphere, Trellix or Checkpoint or Fortinet Firewalls/Intrusion Prevention Systems, Skyhigh Prem and Cloud Web Gateways, and F5 Big IP and SSLO solutions
- Knowledge or experience of deploying and configuring various security technologies, eg. IPS, WAF, secure browser, decryption zone, firewalls, netflow, DLP, DDoS
- Extremely strong networking experience with LAN/WAN troubleshooting
- Experience of deploying packet capture technology, e.g. Wireshark, Symantec, Cisco, Riverbed
- Experience of using SIEM and network monitoring tools to aid analytics or problem research.
- Basic understanding of Unix and Windows administration
- Extremely detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to clearly communicate highly technical concepts to non-technical partners/clients.
- Ability to think broadly and see the big picture.
- Sound knowledge of business processes and procedures
- Proven customer service and task execution skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal management
- Proven ability to manage workloads using Agile framework
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex, high pressure situations
- Ability to facilitate productive meetings and work successfully in a team-oriented environment
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours. From India, across Asia to Japan and down to Australia, our 1800 people are what make our business special. Experian's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, development, innovation, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... That's why we're an award winning organisation for our people-first practices, something we’re very proud of.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs