Senior Information Security Operations Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
AJ BellAJ Bell is a low cost, award-winning platform for the DIY investor. Learn more about our SIPP, ISA, junior ISA and Dealing account.
To support the Chief Information Security Officer in managing and reporting the Information Security Risks faced by Technology Services (TS) in delivering AJ Bell’s systems and services. Key to this is maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data that resides upon those systems.
This role will be responsible for the leadership and management of the team delivering ongoing operational analysis, management and response to security threats targeting AJ Bell systems and information.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Setting the approach to business-as-usual security operations delivery
- Ensuring the effective monitoring and responding of alerts and events, with appropriate prioritisation based on impact and urgency.
- Responsible for handling colleague queries relating to information security and acting as point of escalation for service delivery teams
- Ensuring the effective delivery of Identity Access Management activity.
- Supporting the assessment, planning and co-ordination of patch management activities for internal systems and hardware
- Overseeing vulnerability scanning process to confirm the effectiveness of patching.
- Deliver internal investigations capability following forensic best practices.
- Supporting the administration of email and web gateways
- Identifying and monitoring external information sources to make recommendations on latest security threats and vulnerabilities that affect our technical estate.
- Responsible for the analysis and dissemination of threat intelligence data to key internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of monthly metrics and key performance indicators.
- Incident response first responder and on-call support.
- Data Loss Prevention monitoring and alerting.
- Review and monitor the effectiveness of ongoing security awareness training.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of Information Security risk management tools and techniques
- Experience of Information Security standards and frameworks
- Awareness and understanding of the Information Security threat landscape
- Experience of utilising and monitoring Information Security solutions e.g. email / web gateways, SIEM, Endpoint protection etc.
- Awareness of Cloud security solutions and standards.
- Hands on experience of managing and configuring systems including Microsoft Active Directory, Windows and Linux in an enterprise environment is highly advantageous
- Hands on experience with internet proxies, end point security tools and data loss prevention systems also highly advantageous
Competence, knowledge, and skills
- Experience working within recognised Information Security frameworks and best practices such as ISO27001, NIST etc.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Information Security role gained in a financial services or e-commerce environment is preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Self-motivated, professional, tenacious and enthusiastic
- Strong ownership of tasks, attention to detail and following through to conclusion
- Ability to challenge approach, strategy and implementation to ensure Information Security is consistently considered and improved
- Ability to work under own initiative to plan and communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Structured, self-starting, flexible and enjoy working in fast-paced environments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to plan, organise and follow through on assigned tasks and complete with little or no prompting from management
- Ability to learn and develop new skills and take on new challenges
- Excellent attention to detail
- Attained or working towards CISSP certification
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK offering an award-winning range of solutions that caters for everyone, from professional financial advisers, to DIY investors with little to no experience. We have 480,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £75.1 billion. Our customers trust us with their investments, and by continuously striving to make investing easier, we aim to help even more people take control of their financial futures.
Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with offices in central London and Bristol, we now have over 1200 employees and have been named one of the UK's 'Best 100 Companies to Work For’ for five consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for employees wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
What we offer:
- Generous holiday allowance of 27 days, increasing up to 31 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Hybrid working policy
- Casual dress code
- Discretionary bi-annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Free shares scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme from day one
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- On-site gym and personal trainer led classes
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- Free social events and more
AJ Bell is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and all employees are empowered to bring their whole self to work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, religion, physical and mental disability, marital status and any other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010. All decisions to hire are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Remote - Ireland Remote - Ireland Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote Ireland, UK and CanadaNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Egham - Tamesis Egham - Tamesis Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst – Cloud and Network Security, Emerging Technologies and Trends (REMOTE - UK)Application security AWS Azure CCSP CEH CISSP +7
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs