Security Engagement Partner
Tesco BengaluruAt Tesco Bengaluru, over 4000+ colleagues are working towards living our purpose of serving our customers, communities, and planet.
Tesco Bengaluru: We are a multi-disciplinary team creating a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardising processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility, providing cutting-edge technological solutions and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise in Global Business Services and Retail Technology & Engineering, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers. Tesco Bengaluru, established in 2004 to enable standardisation and build centralised capabilities and competencies, makes the experience better for our millions of customers worldwide and simpler for over 4,40,000 colleagues.
Tesco Technology consists of people from a number of different backgrounds, but having a common purpose to serve our shoppers a little better every day with our retail technological solutions. We shared a common interest in harnessing innovations in technology to enhance their shopping experience at Tesco stores. Whether making products, software or systems, our teams focuses on various aspects from taking strategic ownership of the architecture to delivering technological solutions such as design, testing, deployment, infrastructure, operation and security of the systems to ensure agile, smooth and safe operations. These help us to deliver the maximum business impact. Teams refine their internal processes to best fit their own needs, working to build core capabilities in application and services. We collaborate globally across teams to build end-to-end customer-facing solutions, as well as to share knowledge, experience, tools and techniques.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone?s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues ? who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Our Technical Security Training team supports Technology colleagues in mastering the art of becoming a world-class Technology professional who takes pride in working securely to protect their solutions; our business; and our customers. Through the development of bespoke; relevant and engaging training materials and initiatives our team empower Technology colleagues to own and care about their own security; understanding the simplest and most effective ways to work securely in their role.
We’re combining expert pools of thought to conquer the challenge of weaving security values into our existing Technology culture by utilising our expertise in content design; instructional learning and behavioural sciences and combining it with the knowledge of our phenomenal security teams who not only see the value in empowering our colleagues to know about; care about and act securely about building secure solutions; but also want to have a hand in shaping how we build this knowledge and capability.
This role is about empowering your Technical Training team to transform the behaviours in our Technology colleagues; delivering cutting edge and engaging learning materials on deeply technical concepts tailored to colleague roles and responsibilities. As our technology teams design innovative solutions; different security challenges arise and this role is to help colleagues understand those challenges; identify gaps in knowledge or resources and work closely with stakeholders and suppliers to deliver e-learning; videos; webinars; workshops; blogs and a variety of other resources to help Technology teams navigate these changes securely. This role would be suitable for an experienced Security Awareness and Training professional with hands-on experience in training teams on security topics and managing a team.
Specific responsibilities of our Security Engagement Partner will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business; the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
Analyse the changing technology landscape of Tesco and the wider security market in order to plan; design; roll-out; project manage & report on our Technology Security portfolio to Software Engineers and product managers globally. This will involve extensive stakeholder and supplier engagement.
Use your passion for research & analytics; in addition to organisation and fact-finding skills to assess new innovative methods for training software engineering colleagues on information security; specific to their programming language and tech stack.
Identify improvements to the way in which technology training is launched and delivered to all technology colleagues; globally.
Engage with our Information Security and technical experts from the wider technology and Security & Capability teams; to ensure we’re always addressing relevant requirements and changing technologies. This will include:
o Knowledge sharing between the teams to improve the accuracy and delivery of technical security training
o Ensuring all training content is suitable to each team & stakeholder.
o Drive the increase of training completion rates
o Gamifying this area of learning
o Keeping abreast of any upcoming technology changes or projects that would need additional or specific training
o Developing & delivering instructor led sessions for security technology implementations.
Research industry best practice and local / overseas market trends for the best security trends to positively educate our colleagues.
Plan; design; host; manage & report on our Cyber Security technical training events (such as capture the flag; hack-the-box activities) across our Office colleagues; globally.
Use creative and appropriate methodologies to prepare research-based briefings for colleagues on the impacts (professionally & socially) of poor technical security practices.
Understand and design training that complements the software development lifecycle and makes building security into daily processes as simple as possible.
Drive improvements to training; based on robust data-driven decisions.
This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team; confident in local and remote stakeholder management; is well organised; pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind.
Motivation to make change for the better and; most importantly; putting our colleagues and customers first; is key!
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Exceptional organisational and programme planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You must be able to articulate complex concepts to a very diverse audience.
- Attitude and aptitude to learn new product areas/domains quickly.
- Prioritising and decision making skills.
- Confident hosting events and delivering training to a large technical audience
Experience relevant for this job:
- Working in a technology environment or a proven ability to learn technical fundamentals.
- Development & delivery of instructor led training to software engineering teams
- Proven success in working on unstructured problems; defining hypothesis; creating MVPs; running experiments and analysing results to drive data-driven decisions
On behalf of Tesco Bengaluru, we must caution all job seekers and educational institutions that Tesco Bengaluru does not authorise any third parties to release employment offers or conduct recruitment drives via a third party. Hence, beware of inauthentic and fraudulent job offers or recruitment drives from any individuals or websites purporting to represent Tesco. Further, Tesco Bengaluru does not charge any fee or other emoluments for any reason (including without limitation, visa fees) or seek compensation from educational institutions to participate in recruitment events.
Accordingly, please check the authenticity of any such offers before acting on them and where acted upon, you do so at your own risk. Tesco Bengaluru shall neither be responsible for honouring or making good the promises made by fraudulent third parties, nor for any monetary or any other loss incurred by the aggrieved individual or educational institution.
In the event that you come across any fraudulent activities in the name of Tesco Bengaluru, please feel free report the incident at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs