Chief Information Security Officer
Pittsburgh, PA and Palo Alto, CA
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
The Cyber Security team is focused on ensuring the resilience of our corporate environment with focus on protection of our corporate IP and employee data. Cyber security is a team sport, and we are looking for a recognized expert in the field who can not only lead the team but also contribute to technical work and collaborate with our team of engineers to ensure their environment is optimized for leading-edge capabilities and security. Argo is building technology of the future and our cyber security team needs to stay a step ahead of that!
Perhaps most importantly, we want you to share in and exemplify Argo’s Core Values:
- Safety is Number One. It’s our way of working each and every day.
- We build the future street-by-street, block-by-block, going city-to-city.
- Honesty and humility always win over hubris and headlines.
- Respect is everyone’s responsibility.
- Embracing differences delivers superior results.
- If in doubt, find a way to figure it out.
- Solutions are only as good as the problems they solve.
- We > I
- History is made by those who never give up.
What you’ll do:
- Have full accountability for securing Argo’s corporate infrastructure along with the requisite authority to establish annual budget, hire and manage the cyber security team, and work with Argo executives to align cyber strategy with the business strategy
- Work hand-in-hand with our team of software engineers to implement best-in-class cyber security for our development and cloud environments
- Lead an incredible team of cyber security experts to identify security gaps and implement remediations within Argo’s corporate infrastructure
- Have responsibility for vendor selection and management
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise in identifying solutions for security gaps and challenges.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of security controls implementation.
- Build on our solid foundation and work closely with our fast-moving IT, engineering, and administrative teams to bring next-generation capabilities (through people, process, and technology) to Argo’s cyber security portfolio
- Have unwavering focus on the protection of Argo’s intellectual property, our employee information, and partner data
- Document infrastructure security requirements, as-builts, and develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Create dashboards and report metrics on the status of Argo’s cyber security posture
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree
- 10+ years of cyber security experience with at least 3 years of proven leadership experience
- Subject matter expert in several security technologies (depth) with ability to lead across enterprise security domains (breadth)
- Communication skills that show ability to move from high-level, executive awareness to deep technical details
- Ability to expertly collaborate across multiple disciplines and levels of the organization
- Ability to multitask with expert organizational skills in a fast-paced environment is a must
- Open-mindedness, creative thinking, willing to take calculated risks, and make informed decisions
- Ability to operate effectively as a leader, manager, and collaborator with technical leadership
- A sense of humor and unparalleled passion/energy
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs