Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre
launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here
Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
⭐ Mission: Join us as a Security Engineer to protect our company and our clients while adopting a pragmatic approach to security that enables us to scale the business safely and rapidly
⚡ Impact: As a Security Engineer, you will work on keeping Qonto systems and applications bulletproof. You will audit our applications, find creative ways to abuse and secure our infrastructure, and work on exciting security features to protect our growing user base.
You will join our security team led by Ayoub
, our Security Director. You will report directly to Pierre, our Security Lead, and join a team composed of 6 Security Engineers.
👩💻🧑💻As a Security Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Apply your strong security expertise to secure our exciting tech stack: AWS, Kubernetes, and so on.
• Leverage your threat modeling knowledge to shape the roadmap of the team and prioritise the most impactful projects.
• Work with product and developers during system, code and design reviews to ensure that Qonto's applications are built according to top security standards.
• Develop and implement internal tools to find security vulnerabilities, mitigate them and detect suspicious behavior.
• Share your knowledge with the team through everyday feedback and internal training.
• Investigate security incidents and perform forensics analysis.
• Enrich your security expertise and contribute to make Qonto a more and more reputable company in the InfoSec domain.
🧠 What you can expect
• Spend time designing robust and scalable solutions. The security team at Qonto “does tech”: they build the systems on AWS, pair with developers on Go apps, work closely with the infrastructure team on Kubernetes,
• Collaborate with other teams from Developers to Ops engineers: be a part of a team that doesn’t just “create tickets” but directly contributes to improving the system.
• Contribute in autonomy to the security of the system: identify vulnerabilities, perform PoC, build mitigation, and detection rules,
• Grow your career: the team is relatively small and in construction, so there are a lot of opportunities and things to do!
🤝 Your future manager
Your future manager will be Pierre
who is in charge of the Security team
• His Background? He started his career performing internal pentests for banks or European institutions. He switched to the Blue side by joining Qonto as the first security engineer and laid the foundations for many security systems like our monitoring and detection system or the web application firewall.
• What does he bring to the team? Together with the team, they approach security issues from first principles, break down the threat model, and find innovative ways of solving hard security problems without compromising the flexibility and productivity of employees and customers.
• Experience: You are familiar with common attack scenarios either through your experience as a pentester or auditor or as part of a blue team working in a Cloud-based environment.
- You have a strong knowledge on how web applications and internet work.
- You have a strong knowledge of secure coding best practices and OWASP.
- You are able to recognize application and system vulnerabilities and exploit them.
- You know how to safely orchestrate deployments on CI/CD pipelines (handling secrets, avoiding cache poisoning, isolating jobs, etc.).
- You know how to investigate security incidents using forensics tools and, if possible, you have reverse engineering capabilities.
• Problem-solving: You are pragmatic and solution-oriented.
• Continuous improvement: You can and are willing to learn about technologies you may not yet master (Kafka, Swift on iOS, Golang, etc.)
• Curiosity: You are curious, open-minded, and passionate about information security. You are reasonably up to date about current threats and actively exploited systems, plus you are ready to learn about new technologies and new tools.
• Teamwork: You have good communication skills and know-how to work with a team.
• Languages: You are fluent in English. French is a plus.
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 22 days of paid leave + 32 hours of ex festivita
- An Edenred
lunch card: 100% covered
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act
(1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.