Who We Are
For over 20 years, SPINS has been a leader in recognizing the transformative power of data in retail. We offer our clients cutting-edge tools to attract attention from a fast-growing segment within the Health & Wellness industry, the values-based consumer. Nearly half of shoppers prioritize products that emphasize wellness, social responsibility, and sustainable practices. SPINS retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting services give our clients a competitive advantage to increase their share of this growing market. Our data is the most comprehensive and accurate in the industry, allowing clients to power AI models and machine learning algorithms that help them better understand and meet their customers' needs. At SPINS, behind all of our impressive data is our real differentiator, our people. We pride ourselves on our collaborative, flexible, and communicative culture that puts people at the center of everything we do.
SPINS is adding a Security Engineer to our Cloud Security team to support our cloud security initiatives, ensuring the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of customer, business partner, employee, and business information in alignment with our organization's information security policies. This role will focus on implementing and maintaining security best practices in line with CIS, SOC, and ISO 27001 standards. The Security Engineer (individual contributor) will play a crucial role in our cloud ops security management program, ensuring that our organization's assets are robustly protected. We value individuals who are ambitious, confident and passionate about safeguarding customer and consumer data and have a strong commitment to cybersecurity.
This highly specialized team is wholly committed to enhancing Cloud Security practices at SPINS. As part of our dedicated SecOps team, our primary focus is fortifying security protocols within our AWS, GCP, and Azure environments. We achieve this through seamless collaboration with both Engineering and Platform Engineering teams, fostering a unified approach to safeguarding our systems. Our team's diverse responsibilities span the spectrum of security, encompassing the entire lifecycle from crafting robust security procedures to expertly implementing them across our extensive SPINS systems landscape.
What you will do
- Confidently support the Cloud Security strategy, implementation, and operationalization
- Contribute to a secure and compliant cloud computing architecture
- Recommend and validate Security controls and improvements across our infrastructure stack
- Assess our current Cloud Security posture across multiple platforms. Collaborate with our Infrastructure teams on the development, deployment, and supporting services
- Contribute to security standards for development teams
- Develop solutions to automate security functions
- Maintain security infrastructure software and hardware, such as IAM tools, vulnerability scanners, IDS/IPS, etc
- Analyze, Identify and Address system and software vulnerabilities
- Actively oversee regular 3rd party security audits and penetration testing
- Configure and create custom monitoring & alerting functions in the cloud.
- Collaborate in developing policies and standards for cloud configurations, network security, and compute workloads
- Conduct Security Risk Assessments for Cloud Services & Patterns
What you Bring
- Proficiency in GCP, AWS, and Azure Cloud Infrastructures.
- Experience with secure best practices for Cloud-based Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of containerization, orchestration, and cloud scale solutions.
- Familiarity with cloud security technologies like Splunk, CloudStrike, or Lacework.
- Enthusiasm for automation and scalable security practices.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and make decisions.
- Experience with application security standards like OWASP and secure coding practices.
- Familiarity with data analytics and insights derived from the data
- Understanding of standards such as SOC, ISO 27001/27002, and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- 2+ years of experience as a security engineer with a focus on cybersecurity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of demonstrated information security, risk management & compliance experience.
- 5-7 years of technology experience (DevOps, Software Engineering, etc)
- Experience with cloud compliance and industry security standards.
- Experience with securing enterprise applications on public cloud platforms.
- Development experience in Go, Python, Terraform, or equivalent technologies.
- Experience with RESTful Microservices in the cloud.
- Familiarity with container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Industry certifications such as CISSP or CCSP are a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members. Whether you are based at our Chicago headquarters or remote, we continue to stay true to SPINS:
- We embrace hybrid and remote work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and “team SPINS” Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Analytics Application security Audits Automation AWS Azure CCSP CISSP Cloud Compliance Computer Science DevOps Docker GCP IAM IDS IPS ISO 27001 Kubernetes Machine Learning Microservices Monitoring Network security NIST OWASP Pentesting Privacy Python Risk assessment Risk management SecOps Security strategy SOC Splunk Strategy Terraform Vulnerabilities
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs