Application Security Engineer, India Payments Security
Bengaluru, Karnataka, IND
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
As an application security engineer within India Payments Security, you will partner with engineering teams in a consulting facility throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), to ensure that applications are designed and built securely. You will identify potential vulnerabilities in the applications and enable developers to understand and remediate such identified vulnerabilities.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop a broad and deep technical understanding of products, services and architectures pertaining to the India Payments organization.
- Leverage this understanding to conduct architecture reviews, threat modelling and manual code reviews on web applications, mobile applications and other relevant services.
- Interpret security tools and penetration testing results to stakeholders, providing advice on vulnerability remediation and risk mitigation.
- Create relevant documentation and metrics to your stakeholders and business leaders and deliver these in a clear, concise manner.
- Research and maintain proficiency in attacker Tools, Techniques, Procedures and other security topics.
- Propose and develop training materials to help raise the security bar across the India Payments Security organization.
- Develop innovative and scalable tools, solutions, and processes to enhance the India Payments Security’s operations.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bengaluru, KA, IND
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in areas such as application security, offensive security and/or systems security.
- Understanding of threat modeling, security vulnerabilities, attacker exploit techniques, and methods for their remediation.
- Understanding of best practices in security engineering, including secure development, cryptography, systems security and/or policy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt messaging to executive, technical, and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to drive multiple technically complex security reviews together while remaining effective at providing security guidance to stakeholders.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Scripting skills (E.g: Python, Perl, Bash, Ruby, PowerShell, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications- 5+ years of experience in Secure SDLC.
- Experienced with reviewing and mitigating critical web application risks as defined by OWASP Top 10/SANS 25.
- Experienced with AWS services and security concepts.
- Programming experience in Python and/or Java.
- Relevant industry certifications from SANS, ISC2, etc.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs