Cyber Security Manager
Remote UK, United Kingdom
GiacomOur platform connects technology resellers and service providers to the best IT, comms and Cloud products and services so they can create brilliant technology solutions for UK businesses.
Giacom is the only provider of Comms, Cloud, Hardware and Billing through one platform.
Our platform connects technology resellers and service providers to the best IT, Comms and Cloud products and services so they can create brilliant technology solutions for UK businesses.
We have a comprehensive portfolio of technology products and services that gives our partners the competitive advantage to build bigger and more successful businesses by providing their customers with the best solutions and customer experience possible.
We value diversity and inclusivity above all else, creating an environment where our team members can be their whole selves, every day. We believe that by embracing different perspectives and backgrounds, we can truly make a difference and shape a better future.
Are you ready to join us in our mission to supercharge UK business growth through technology enablement?
- Department: IT Services
- Salary: up to £70,000 D.O.E + Comprehensive benefits package
- Location: Remote UK.
About the Team
The security team at Giacom is growing! We are developing our small team to meet the growing business needs and develop our capacity to deliver blue, red and purple team cyber security functions as well as improving our incident response. It is a multi-disciplined team that works closely with the other teams in the IT Services department as well as all users across the wider business.
About the Role
As our Cybersecurity Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive cybersecurity strategy, managing security operations, and safeguarding our organization from cyber threats. You will develop and lead a team of cybersecurity professionals and ensure we have the skillsets and capacity to deliver security functions across the whole business. You will be improvement focussed and collaborate with various departments to ensure our digital infrastructure remains secure and compliant with industry regulations.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of cybersecurity experts, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Develop and oversee incident response and recovery plans, coordinating efforts to mitigate and respond to cybersecurity incidents.
- Develop and execute a strategic cybersecurity plan that aligns with the organization's objectives and risk tolerance.
- Develop and provide regular reports to senior management and stakeholders on the state of cybersecurity, including metrics and risk assessments.
- Conduct regular security audits, assessments, and penetration testing to identify and address vulnerabilities.
- Coordinate the training, activities, priorities and workload of the blue, red and purple teams to deliver good value in our Security team investment.
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (Master's degree preferred).
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Cyber Security role with 3 of those years in a leadership position and proven experience in progressively responsible roles.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks, standards, and regulations.
- Demonstrable proficiency in security tools and technologies, including SIEM, intrusion detection/prevention systems, antivirus solutions, and encryption methods.
- Certification such as the following or similar:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Additional certifications related to specific technologies or areas of expertise (e.g., cloud security, network security, incident response) may also be beneficial.
Firstly, we believe in giving you the freedom to be yourself. Say goodbye to rigid dress codes and embrace your individuality. We encourage you to be yourself at work, allowing you to thrive in an environment that celebrates your uniqueness.
We believe in equality and diversity. As an equal opportunities and disability confident employer, we encourage applications from all eligible candidates, regardless of their background. We embrace diversity and believe that a rich variety of perspectives strengthens our team and leads to greater innovation.
If you've read our advert and it has sparked your interest in joining the Giacom team, but you're still unsure if it's the ideal fit for you, don't hesitate to apply expressing your interest. We would be delighted to hear from you and have a conversation about all the exciting opportunities we have to offer. Your exploration of possibilities starts with reaching out to us, and we can't wait to connect with you.
And the Giacom benefits…?
From 25 days of holidays, to a pension plan, we've got you covered. And here's a special treat – you'll enjoy an additional day off around your birthday.
We care about your well-being and engagement. That's why we have a dedicated team focused on ensuring your well-being and satisfaction at work. We want you to feel supported and empowered every step of the way.
Recognition is important to us. We believe in acknowledging your hard work and achievements. That's why we organise team and industry events to celebrate your successes and foster a sense of camaraderie among our team members.
We also provide an Employee Assistance Programme, helping you maintain your well-being and providing support when you need it. Professional development opportunities are available to help you achieve your personal goals, and we even offer eye care vouchers and discounted Medicash membership.
So, if you're looking for a rewarding career with a market leader that values you and provides a range of incredible benefits, look no further. Join us at Giacom and embark on a journey of personal and professional growth. Take the first step by applying today and discover the exciting opportunities that await you.
For more information on our Recruitment privacy notice, please follow this link and select option 8 to view - https://giacom.com/help/privacy-and-cookies-policy
More jobs like this
Home based - Americas, … Home based - Americas, EMEA Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 29K - 55K * USD 29K+ *
Security Operations Team ManagerAgile Cloud Computer Science Governance Incident response ISO 27001 +11
Career development Parental leave Salary bonus Team events Travel
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs