Cyber Security Consultant
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Job Title: Cyber Security Consultant
Salary: Up to circa £50,000 depending on skills & experience
An opportunity has arisen with Cybit for a client-facing cyber security consultant to join our team. Our specialists deliver a wide range of cyber security solutions and services for clients in the public and private sectors across the UK. This provides an excellent environment to develop your career in cyber security.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual, who is a good communicator with the ability to contribute confidently to security risk management discussions with peers and management. The person needs to be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career but recognises the value in working well with others in the team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established dynamic and highly regarded Cyber Security organisation with good career development pathways to help you gain responsibility and influence.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to undertake a variety of projects. This could involve providing advice and guidance on cyber security topics; contributing to the development of information security management systems including cyber security strategies, policies, guidance and awareness; authoring cyber security risk management documentation, providing security management services or conducting cyber security maturity assessments and audits.
You will be required to effectively communicate information security risks to technical and non-technical stakeholders and understand how to frame cyber security issues in terms of business risk. The role may involve operating as part of a larger Cybit team working embedded within a client. This is an excellent position for an individual with solid technical understanding of cyber security, who enjoys client interaction and is consulting oriented.
Skills and Attributes for Success
Experience in information and cyber security is essential for this role. The ideal candidate will have experience and skills across many of the following areas;
- Experience of information/cyber security in a consulting or technical capacity.
- Working knowledge of cyber security, information assurance, risk management and information security compliance.
- Have a good understanding and experience of discussing the threats and business issues associated with cyber security and can conduct information security risk assessments.
- A good understanding and knowledge of ISO27001, security policies and procedures, and/or other current security standards and regulation compliance requirements (such as NCSC guidance, NIS Directive CAF compliance, PCI DSS, GDPR).
- Customer-focused mentality to understand and appropriately respond to customers business needs.
- Commitment to quality and a proven ability to establish and meet milestones and deadlines.
- Exceptional drive and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or as an active team member and be able to communicate at various levels with technical consultants and customers
- Good presentation, report writing and articulation skills.
- Have achieved or be studying towards relevant security-related qualifications such as CISSP or CISM.
- Experience of working across the public sector would be advantageous.
- Ability to work from home and willing to travel within the UK/Ireland if required.
- Have UK SC Clearance (or be eligible/willing to undergo).
- Hold a current UK driving licence.
Whilst the above provides an idea of the type of person we're looking for, we have exceptional training and development capabilities here at Cybit. So even if you don't meet every requirement, we'd still love to hear from you.
Why join us
Be the best in the business by learning from the best in the business. With industry leading training, mentoring and development, our experts will share their deep sector knowledge and help you to build a career that counts. You'll have the opportunity to work with fantastic colleagues and customers,
Work with fantastic colleagues and customers
Come together to solve real-world challenges by creating easy to use, flexible solutions and services that make a real difference to our customers’ businesses.
National career, local touch
Our customers love our down to earth and friendly approach. It’s part of the reason we’re growing so quickly. So no matter how much we expand, or where in the UK you’re based, you’ll get the time and opportunity to really look after our customers.
We’re growing fast. Which means there’s plenty of room for career progression as we expand our teams and build new ones to take us to the next level.
People first, always
We never forget that our success is people-powered. So we’ll give you all the flexibility you need to work your way.
We come from all over the UK, from all sorts of backgrounds. Looking after each other is essential to our continued growth and success.
Be well looked after
Happy people make happy businesses. We have a great range of flexible benefits which helps you to do your best work every day. This includes:
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- 36 days annual leave including bank holidays (& the opportunity to buy more if desired)
- Healthcare cash plan
- Company electric car scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Occupational sick pay.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs