Sr Power Design Engineer (Hardware - NetSec)
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
Our Approach to Work
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
As a key contributor in the Platform Hardware development team, you will be responsible for the complete design of power supply circuits of Palo Alto Networks hardware including: specification; component selection; schematic entry; layout oversight; power supply bring-up, debug, and validation testing. You will be working very closely with the hardware board design team for the power solution, design and validation. The Hardware Engineering team is an interdisciplinary team including: mechanical engineering, signal integrity, PCB layout, and compliance. You will also collaborate cross-functionally with software, operations and quality assurance.
- Excellent ability to drive tasks proactively, independently and escalate and communicate issues and needs clearly to the cross-functional team
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic development environment
- Demonstrated success at full product life-cycle ownership from concept to production and sustaining release
- working very closely with the hardware team for the power solution design, bring-up, and validation testing.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools
- Experience working with lab equipment for hands-on prototyping, design, and power analysis
- Support at the factory when needed for engineering builds and production
- BS EE or CE - MSEE desired
- Minimum of 10 years experience in power design and validation
- Multiple successful product power design from definition to production required
- Hands-on experience in the power PCB design, bring up and debug/validation
- Experience managing simultaneous projects from start to finish
- Experience prototyping, reworking, troubleshooting board & component level issues to resolution
- Experience using schematic capture and PCB layout tools
- Experience working with factories and internal teams to support builds for production
- Experience using productivity apps such as Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Networking ASIC and x86 CPU power design
- DC, PDN, and Simplis simulation/analysis experience
- Board level characterization, tuning, and validation for power supplies ranging from single-phase VRs to multi-phase VRs for low voltage, high current devices
- Power over Ethernet PSE design
- Drive Vendor roadmap review and power component selection
- Define power testing requirements and implement methods and procedures, including procuring and setting up equipment
- Design for low-cost
- Strong leadership/communication/interpersonal skills
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people & products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/com-missioned roles) is expected to be between $131,600/yr to $212,850/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
More jobs like this
USA - Saint Charles, … USA - Saint Charles, MO Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 73K - 154K USD 73K+
Systems Engineer Support Analyst - Direct Attack Weapons (Associate, Experienced, or Lead)C Clearance Compliance Jira PhD Privacy +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance +5
Saint Louis, Missouri, United … Saint Louis, Missouri, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 140K * USD 75K+ *
Director, Cyber Architecture and EngineeringCloud Privacy Risk assessment Risk management Strategy Teaching
Career development Health care Team events Transparency
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs