Senior Application Security Engineer
BackbaseWe are the pioneers of Engagement Banking. Our industry-leading platform helps banks and other financial institutions get closer to their customers like never before.
The job in short
Keep millions of users and their banking data safe and secure.
Meet the job
No day at Backbase is the same, and even more so for our security engineers. We all know that security and banking need to go hand in hand and with hackers and tech evolving by the day, you’ll need to stay on your toes and ahead of the game.
Your core responsibility is to ensure the delivery of secure software. You are the go-to person for security, internally as well as for our clients. Leveraging your technical expertise and leadership, you drive the secure SDLC with its tools and processes. You ensure application security requirements are part of product development. You have expert understanding of application security and application security vulnerabilities and provide guidance to other team members. You provide architecture design reviews as well as source code reviews. You are responsible for Architectural Risk Analysis of the core products and lead the threat modeling activities. You provide training to developers and QA engineers on application security.
You research new tools and take the initiative in improving the ways of working. You play a key role in selecting candidates for the security team as well as onboarding and mentoring new hires.
How about you
Looking for a journey instead of a job? Then let’s talk! We are THE pioneers in banking tech. We see opportunities and take the leap. Having the guts to push limits and break barriers to make things happen. We learn and reinvent ourselves for maximum impact, never giving up. We are creators, with a customer-centric mindset that love what they do and bring fun to any challenge. Together we kick ass, have fun and feel proud when our vision is delivered. Next day - we wake up and raise the bar a little higher. Are you ready?
As a Senior Application Security Engineer you’ll be part of the team of security engineers working to ensure we build, maintain and deploy secure software that is used by millions of users around the globe. If you have a hacker mindset, are passionate about security and always looking to extend your knowledge, then this is the place for you.
In order to really own this role, we think you’ll need:
- Good understanding of application security and common application security vulnerabilities;
- Good understanding of frontend, backend and mobile security domains and you’re an expert in one of them;
- Good understanding of DevOps and cloud native technologies;
- Successful track record in identifying, triaging and resolving application security issues;
- A background in development and a good understanding of the SDLC;
- English language on a professional level, written and spoken.
We’ll be delighted if you bring experience in the following topics but otherwise these would be opportunities for you to grow your knowledge working in the security team:
- Implementing OWASP ASVS/M-ASVS and SKF;
- Implementing SAST, SCA, IAST and RASP tools in the SDLC;
- Facilitating threat modeling sessions with the development teams;
- Pen testing web and mobile applications;
- Training and guiding developers on application security concepts;
- Relevant regulations such as GDPR and PCI-DSS.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs