Security Engineer, Detection & Response
BrexAutomate compliance, close the books, and keep everyone on budget in real time — in multiple countries and currencies — with one spend management solution.
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, filled with inclusive individuals, eager to learn, teach, constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
As a Detection & Response Engineer, you will focus on detecting and responding to security threats across Brex's corporate and cloud environments and developing tools to improve our detection and response capabilities. Our core team functions include threat detection, security telemetry, security incident response, and we perform systems engineering and automation to support those pillars.
Detection & Response is part of our wider Security Operations team which means you will have the opportunity to work closely with the corporate security and security awareness functions to improve security configurations, drive positive employee behaviors and generally work to prevent events from becoming incidents. You will also help build and maintain our team’s open source project Substation and have the opportunity to contribute to the Brex Tech Blog. You’ll be part of a team that actively contributes to the wider security community and has a commitment to mentorship and engineering excellence.
We’re looking for individuals with a strong background and interest in detecting, responding to, and resolving security incidents and other security challenges. You should be comfortable dealing with lots of moving pieces, changing priorities, and new technologies, while having a keen eye towards detail. Most importantly, you should be enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs across Brex. Building a world-class financial service requires world-class security.
- Work on a cross-functional team to detect and respond to security threats across Brex's corporate and cloud environments
- Perform security incident response, including investigation, remediation, and documentation, participate in periodic threat hunting
- Research attacker techniques and process threat intelligence to create, test, and tune threat detection signals across corporate and production environments
- Leading, scoping and building features, participate in designing, and maintaining tools and systems that support the team’s threat intelligence, threat detection, and security incident response functions
- Collaborating and partnering with other engineering teams to drive remediation of security vulnerabilities, while balancing prioritization of security issues within SLAs and teams’ respective product backlogs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field (or equivalent training), fellowship, or 3+ years work experience
- Experience working in a detection and response or related role, either in a corporate or production environment
- Familiarity with CI/CD systems and DevOps workflows (e.g. - Buildkite, Flux, Git, Terraform) and experience deploying and maintaining detection and response systems (e.g. - SIEM, data pipelines, SOAR, domain monitoring)
- While not primarily a development role, the team develops and maintains tools written in Go and Python, so experience with coding is required
- Caring about system design, valuing building things correctly, an understanding of a MVP approach and an empathetic mindset when working with others.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment filled with a diverse group of people with different expertise and backgrounds. We currently have around 30 nationalities represented with more than ½ the company working in a country different from the one they grew up in)
- Proficiency with Go
- Experience with securing distributed systems in AWS and cloud environments
- Contributions to the wider technical community (open source, public research, mentorship, community organizing, blogging, presentations, etc)
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs