Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) - TS/SCI
Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. We provide high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems.
Job Number: 1462
Riverside Research has a full time opening in the Centreville, VA, area for Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to provide system authorization support, risk management and business continuity expertise, threat detection and prevention methods, incident response and management methods, auditing, vulnerability management support, and the authoring and coordinating of system security documentation. Candidates must be technically proficient and capable of devising practical and sustainable solutions.
This position will be located 100% on site at our Centreville, VA office.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Serve as Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), coordinating, executing, and managing cybersecurity assessment & authorization (A&A) related activities supporting hardware, software, and connectivity capabilities in support of mission and business requirements.
- Provide advice and assistance on all things cyber security for customer-acquired development and systems maintenance projects, driving and monitoring system authorization status of segment components, authoring and coordinating related documentation
- Facilitate, perform, and manage actions necessary to maintain system and capability accreditation status consistent with DoDI 8510.01 (Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT)), including scanning, auditing, and authoring/coordinating security accreditation-related documentation
- Review and advise on security aspects of contracted maintenance deliverables and proposals
- Present system maintenance, authorization status, and potential issues to leadership.
- Keep customer leadership aware of any roadblocks, issues, or concerns with system authorization status
- Other duties as assigned
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance (able to obtain and maintain a CI Poly)
- BS degree in information systems or related technical field
- 3-5+ years of IT/security-related experience
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II / IAM Level I certification
- Practical knowledge of client, server, data storage, and networking technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot, assess root cause, and resolve technical issues
- Innovative with strong analytical, problem-solving, organization and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal direction
- Open to occasional travel (to Dayton, OH / WPAFB apx. 5% if needed)
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance with polygraph
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- 5+ years of IT/security-related experience with recent ISSO experience
- Sec+/CASP/CISSP certification
- Prior experience with SIEM, RMF project management, and vulnerability scanning tools
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work and interact with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Recruiting at email Recruiting@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the Recruiting team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit:
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Audits CASP+ CISSP Clearance Compliance DoD DoDD 8570 IAM Incident response Monitoring Nonprofit Polygraph Risk management Security Clearance SIEM Threat detection TS/SCI Vulnerability management
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs