Herzliya, Tel Aviv District, Israel
Acronis sets the standard for cyber protection and our mission is to empower people by providing them with cutting edge technology that will enable them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their business’ and lives depend on.
Acronis brings complete cyber protection solutions to its customers. As an automation engineer, you will contribute building and maintaining automated infrastructure to collect, classify and detect cyberthreats like ransomware, malware, viruses and phishing. You will also work closely with our cyber security researchers, building tools to automate their day-to-day operations. Also you will setup monitoring and alerting tools to ensure that our customers always obtain fast and accurate cyber protection.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
Perform research in some of the following areas of server and endpoint protection:
- Vulnerability assessment and configuration assessment;
- Network security, intrusion detection and protection, including web applications protection;
- Prevention and detection of attacks that utilize malware/hacktools and targeting Linux/UNIX systems.
- Develop, support and tune vulnerability, misconfiguration and threat detection rules.
- Conduct online research of latest cyber threats and ensure it can be prevented/detected with existing technologies. Share research results in blogposts and articles.
- Analyze suspicious scripts, traffic, websites and their contents both found in the wild or retrieved from customers, adding latest threat detections or fixing false alarms.
- Design, develop and monitor automation scripts and pipelines to minimize manual efforts required from analysts/researchers.
- Advise colleagues and customers about real-world attacks and the corresponding detection / prevention countermeasures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in a system administration / system or web development / security audits for some of the following: RHEL (CentOS) / Debian / Ubuntu;
- Deep understanding of common cyber attack techniques and methods; network protocols; vulnerability and configuration assessment
- Knowledge of Linux security subsystems, tools and conceptions, including logging abilities
- Decent skills in configuring at least one of: web / application / database / mail servers running on Linux/UNIX
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Upper-intermediate English
Would be a plus:
- Technical security certifications like OSCP (the best choice) or CEH or proven experience in security assessments
- Skills in configuring at least one of: web / application / database / mail servers running on Linux/UNIX
- Practical skills in security scanners, vulnerability & configuration assessment tools, SIEMs, WAFs, traffic analysis software
- Background in development security software or routine security task automation
- Knowledge of OWASP methodologies
- Skills in programming languages enough for fast PoC creation (Python, shell, etc.)
- Decent experience with other UNIX operating systems
- Knowledge of PHP v5+ language
- Practice in reverse engineering and corresponding methods, techniques and tools
- Some Machine Learning skills or wish to improve yourself in this area
- Experience with virtualization, containerization and cloud technologies
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs