Security Compliance Manager
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
The Security Governance team collaborates with Engineering, Industry Relations, and Product teams to ensure that AfterPay, Square, Cash App, and other Block products can launch and operate anywhere in the world while maintaining compliance with industry and regulatory security standards. We are looking for a Security Compliance Manager to help us maintain and manage information security risks and compliance programs.
As a Security Compliance Manager, you will guide the direction of our technology and security practices to ensure adherence with current and future compliance initiatives.
You will report to the Afterpay GRC Lead
- Manage security compliance programs and assessments including the Afterpay IT SOX program.
- Oversee security audit and governance management: optimize year-round compliance efforts for AfterPay and Square payment processing systems and related internal procedures.
- Create and lead ad-hoc analyses of our payment technology solutions, security operation process reviews, infrastructure and application implementation reviews, and other technology related risk areas.
- Lead the creation, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of AfterPay and Square Security Policies and Standards.
- Facilitate the execution of application and network level penetration testing and interpret evidence for vulnerabilities, gaps, and control deficiencies and work with business stakeholders to establish plans for sustainable resolution.
- Oversee and guide infrastructure and engineering teams on compliance obligations for implementing cloud based solutions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on payment and industry regulations and advise business and engineering teams on compliance regulations and requirements (e.g., SOX, PCI-DSS, SSAE18, ISO 27001/2, NIST 800-53).
- 5+ years of experience with security-related regulatory compliance for financial services
- Experience with IT-related audits (SOX, PCI-DSS, SSAE18, ISO 27001, NIST 800-53) and balancing internal engineering processes, business needs, and external audit requirements.
- Experience with maintaining a risk management program and conducting risk assessments.
- Experience with cloud security practices and tooling.
- Significant knowledge and experience in cloud and data center operation and migration projects.
- Demonstrated experience with controls definition, development, implementation and assessment.
- Proven understanding of business focus and processes, and ability to inject cybersecurity into the business through teamwork and influence.
- Relevant certification (e.g. CISA, CISSP)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs