Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst (Cybersecurity Trends)
Recorded Future, Inc.Recorded Future is the world’s largest intelligence company with complete coverage across adversaries, infrastructure, and targets. Click to learn more.
With 1,000 employees, over $250M in sales, 1,500+ clients, and rapid year-over-year growth, Recorded Future is the world’s most advanced, and largest, intelligence company!
Job Description: Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst
This Role: The Cyber Assessments and Trends team is looking for an analyst to assist in producing consistently high quality cyber threat intelligence to clients in line with more general requirements, such as research into overall threats to an industry, region, technology or analysis of large-scale indicator lists. The analyst will be primarily responsible for ad hoc intelligence requests. Writing either ad hoc or regular reports requires the ability to work with or automate regularly recurring datasets, while also requiring flexibility to quickly research and analyze a broad spectrum of cyber threat activity, from new attacks against automotive technology to patterns in malware development.
Responsibilities to include:
- Produce and review finished intelligence reports that address clients’ priority intelligence requirements across a broad range of cyber threat activity topics
- Engage with clients across report lifecycle: Initial scoping, finished intelligence delivery, and follow-up review / support
- Develop novel, automated, or simpler processes for research and analysis
- Work on projects across multiple research teams with sometimes tight deadlines
Required Skills / Experience:
- 3+ years experience as a threat intelligence analyst or in similar position
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- Managing client expectations based on pre-established scope of work and delivery timeframe
- Ability to demonstrate strong writing ability, to be assessed via a writing sample
- Demonstrable experience researching and analyzing cyber threats across either a) multiple industries or b) multiple timeframes. Including but not limited to Finance, Manufacturing, IT Services, Healthcare, and Public sector.
- Practical experience using common threat intelligence analysis models such as MITRE ATT&CK, the Diamond Model, and the Cyber Kill Chain to incorporate into client reports
- Ability to convey complex technical and non-technical concepts with intent of delivering value to each client
- Excellent writing skills are mandatory
- Familiarity with and use of common cyber threat intelligence tools such as DomainTools, VirusTotal, SHODAN, etc.
Highly Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Working knowledge of at least one language other than English, with relevance preferred for regions with more active or sophisticated cyberattackers
- Experience working with clients to produce intelligence requirements, or reports / research in line with such requirements
- Demonstrable experience of conducting cyber threat investigations
Why should you join Recorded Future?
Recorded Future employees (or “Futurists”), represent over 40 nationalities and embody our core values of having high standards, practicing inclusion, and acting ethically. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.8-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Recognition: Check out our awards and announcements
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
If you need any accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to our recruiting team at email@example.com
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
More jobs like this
Remote - Texas Remote - Texas Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 150K - 190K USD 150K+
Sr Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote - USNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
401(k) matching Career development Conferences Salary bonus Startup environment +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs