Africa Talent by Deloitte – NL Secure Cloud- Senior Consultant
Midrand, South Africa
DeloitteFür unsere Kunden entwickeln wir integrierte Lösungen. Unsere Services umfassen Wirtschaftsprüfung, Steuerberatung, Financial Advisory und Consulting.
About Africa Talent
Africa Talent by Deloitte (Africa Talent) is a competency center formed between Deloitte Africa and Deloitte North South Europe. Our goal is to recruit and develop Talent throughout Sub-Saharan Africa and meet the growing demand for Talent in Africa and Europe while bringing jobs, skills and experience to Africa, building the continent. Africa Talent professionals have the full Deloitte experience, getting both local and international exposure to a diverse set of clients and Deloitte teams while working remotely from Africa.
The ethos of our organisation is characterised by vision, purpose beyond profit and an appetite to innovate and deliver creative, high impact solutions to urgent client challenges.
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte – Africa Talent - is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
This new team is a true encapsulation of hybrid work whereby you gain access and exposure to learn from and engage with colleagues in South Africa and across Europe, while working virtually from your local Deloitte office, or from home. The learning consultant is key to the continued development of our Africa Talent Professionals and key to the value we add to making our clients responsible businesses. Being a quickly growing division also brings ample opportunities for personal growth in the role.
- Create, driving & own the learning roadmap for Africa Talent professionals
- Ensuring that Africa Talent skill development aligns with our client need
What’s in it for you?
• An ever dynamic and growing internal scaleup with a purpose
• The stability and trustworthiness of a purpose driven global brand, ready to build your own future and add to Africa’s prosperity
• Being the driver of Africa Talent’s day-to-day operations
• A competitive package of benefits
• A hybrid work environment with possibility to work at home some days
• A driven and ambitious team that looks to you for making the team tick
Climate change is widely recognised to be a major global issue, requiring urgent corporate and governmental action in terms of emissions reductions and rapid decarbonisation leading up to 2050. As a consultant, you will help shape the Sustainability practice by sharing your risk management, GHG accounting and industry experience across a diverse range of clients, helping our clients navigate the energy transition and meet their decarbonization priorities. In addition to working on client projects, you will support in preparing proposals, client meetings workshops, research and articles. We value innovative thinking and diverse insights, inspiring growth within our practice and input into the wider ecosystem at Deloitte. Your contribution will allow immense personal growth, while helping the sustainability practice evolve to meet the future needs of our clients.
About the opportunity
• Client interaction,
• Project delivery methodologies (both waterfall and agile),
• Understanding and narrowing down requirements,
• Delivering work and processing the customer feedback,
• Stakeholder management and flexible interpersonal communication
• Proactive attitude towards the client and own team, given the remote nature of the work.
• Documentation writing (e.g. reports, designs, presentations) etc
• Minimum 3-4 years of experience in the below mentioned technologies :
o Cloud and Container Security:
Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP or OCI and demonstrable affinity with Cloud technology;
Experience with integration of security tools through API’s, webhook, or other custom integration;
Experience with containerization: Kubernetes, Docker. Practical experience with serverless and secure development environments, infrastructure-as-code is a plus:
Knowledge of information security principles and guidelines (including CIS, MITRE ATT&CK frameworks) is an advantage;
o Governance and Risk Assessment :
Experience with security frameworks such as ISO, CSA and PCI;
Experience with the implementation o0f cloud risk frameworks and optimization of controls (in CI/CD pipelines);
o Architecture and Design:
Experience with Secure Cloud Architecture Design and Implementation; Design solutions for improving Cloud Security by enforcement of cloud security guardrails and standards.
Experience with architecture and security reviews, threat modeling applications, and identifying areas of risk;
Experience with encryption in-flight and at-rest practices, as well as certificate and secrets
Knowledge of network architectures, topologies, and concepts (Firewalls, LB, WAF, CDN, VPC, ACL, TLS, SSH, and DNS)
Experience with security solutions such as WAF, IPS, and anti-DDOS systems
Experience with network / perimeter security platforms and routing protocols, OSI layers etc.
Experience implementing strategies to support secure and compliant architectures
o DevOps & Engineering:
Good knowledge of application architecture (Microservices, API gateway, service mesh, message queues etc.) and technical expertise in designing controls to secure each layer within the application architecture (web layer, integration layer, backend)
Strong understanding of authentication and authorization patterns and their applicability within the development context (knowledge of AuthN / AuthZ protocols and patterns, AuthN and AuthZ within microservices)
Experience with infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code, automated application deployment, monitoring/telemetry, logging, reporting/dashboarding, and continuous delivery technologies
o Application Security & DevSecOps:
Experience in cybersecurity principles, assessment and triage for security flaws and common vulnerabilities for web and mobile applications. Ability to understand and assess both threats and vulnerabilities, articulating these to both technical and business stakeholders.
Experience with continuous security practices, including: threat modelling, threat and vulnerability management, secure coding practices, and automated penetration testing.
Understanding of the OWASP Top 10 application security risks and how to address them
Working knowledge of the Security Development Lifecycle (SDLC), OWASP Software Assurance Maturity Model (SAMM), or Building Security in Maturity Model (BSIMM)
Understanding of web application security scanning software and related penetration testing tools such as SAST/DAST/IAST/SCA
Understanding of service-oriented architecture, building internet-scale, distributed, and critical services
Experience on integration & automation of various security technologies;
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or similar
• Cloud Certifications by AWS/GCP/OCI/Azure;
• Kubernetes Certifications
We are always interested in talking with professionals about their next career experience. If you have a passion for learning from talented people and benefit from the support of a global organisation and network, apply online now.
If you believe that you meet most of the criteria above, we encourage you to apply. Deloitte is an equal opportunities employer and will ensure any reasonable accommodations are implemented as part of the recruitment and selection process.
At Africa Talent by Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonably accommodating persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile API Gateway APIs Application security Automation AWS Azure BSIMM CDN CI/CD Cloud DAST DDoS DevOps DevSecOps DNS Docker Encryption Firewalls GCP Governance IAST IPS Kubernetes Microservices MITRE ATT&CK Monitoring OWASP Pentesting Risk assessment Risk management SAMM SAST SDLC SSH TLS Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management
More jobs like this
Herndon, Virginia, USA Herndon, Virginia, USA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 136K - 247K USD 136K+
Sr. Security Engineer, AWS., AWS Security Corporate Architecture & DesignAWS Computer Science Network security Pentesting SecOps Threat intelligence
Career development Conferences Equity Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs