Global Technical Support Consultant
London, United Kingdom
InmarsatInmarsat is the leading satellite service provider, offering mobile satellite communication services and delivering reliable, seamless global connectivity.
On May 31, 2023, Viasat completed its acquisition of Inmarsat, combining the teams, technologies and resources of the two companies to create a new global communications partner.
Viasat is a global communications company that believes everyone and everything in the world can be connected. With offices in 24 countries around the world, our mission shapes how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the world communicate and connect. Viasat is developing the ultimate global communications network to power high-quality, reliable, secure, affordable, fast connections to positively impact people's lives anywhere they are—on the ground, in the air or at sea, while building a sustainable future in space.
Chief Operations Office
The Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Primary role purpose:
As a Global Technical Support Consultant, you’re not new to communications and networking. What makes you different is the passion and self-drive you demonstrate in taking a customer’s issues and owning them through to completion, exceeding all expectations along the way. You love to problem solve and feel challenged and your greatest passion is to embed yourself with the most innovative and thriving technologies that don’t just exist today – but tomorrow.
You will be monitoring and maintaining the terminals, firmware and networks our Partners and end customers and sometimes as part of a Managed Service offering. If there are any issues relating to ‘The Service Offering’, such as configuration, upgrades, throughput, you’ll be the first person our Partners and end customers will come to. Tasks can include installing and configuring systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems, either over the phone or face to face. Most importantly, as a customer cannot afford to be without safety communications for more than the minimum time taken to repair or replace, your technical support is vital to the ongoing operation of that vessel, aircraft or land based terminal and the lives of those relying on these services.
Some tasks you may be involved in include:
- Working with customers to identify and diagnose hardware device, software application, system, and or network problems and advising on the solution
- Logging and keeping records of customer issues and solutions to enable Business Improvement initiatives
- Updating self-help documents so customers and colleagues can try to fix problems themselves
- Testing and fixing faulty equipment
Working as part of a 24/7 team on a shift pattern, this role will allow you to demonstrate and challenge your technical knowledge giving you the opportunity to work within a passionate, enthusiastic team that display a proactive, zealous and dedicated passion for our customer and their requirements, providing empathy drive and pioneering a level of service our customers want and deserves.
- You will support our customers offering them an experience second to none
- You will deliver technical solutions using traditional and innovative troubleshooting techniques on the network, hardware and applications providing customer excellence along the way
- Qualified to a network level or have equivalent knowledge and capabilities, you will be confident in your own knowledge and abilities. With your solid communications experience and sound judgment you will be able to take strategic risks when needed
- You will be self-motivated and tenacious in ensuring that even under pressure; tight deadlines will be met with your customer’s needs coming first.
- You will be proactive in maintaining and growing a strong technical awareness along with a solid commercial knowledge all enabling you to consult and deliver appropriate solutions to your customers, building loyalty and rapport as you go
- You will manage cases in line with customer’s expectations securing SLAs and KPIs
- You will participate in troubleshooting any GX service system or hardware issue raised by our channel, NOC or other internal parties
- You will assist in GX end-to-end troubleshooting in regards to spectrum issues on the over-the-air interface and issues on the hub side, related to line cards, protocol processors and cisco routers
- You will support GX network/systems issues to ensure minimum impact in the services
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to communication affectively at all levels
- Experience of Networking
- Being able to decipher technically complex issues from a multicultural customer base
- Display an adaptable and flexible approach in meeting a customer’s requirements, being creative, innovative and prepared to go the extra mile in assisting customers with their queries.
- Working in a team environment and being a team player
- PC Literate
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in communications / network engineering
- IP data and circuit switched data/voice connectivity, ideally within the satellite communications or cellular sector
- Mobile communications technologies such as Satellite Communications, Cellular Telephony, GSM, GPRS, 3G, UMTS
- Wireless Networking technologies such as WiFi® and Bluetooth® within a mobile / satellite environment
- CCNA qualification
- Working knowledge of VSAT
- Experience in working in a technical and International customer service environment
- Experience in working on a shift pattern
- Inmarsat Channel Partnership & General Commercial Awareness
- Knowledge of a foreign language
- Awareness of Operational Process and Procedures
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our culture and ways of working
Our values define our culture and represent what we believe in. Viasat employees aspire to behaviours that support our values, which create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – we provide a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – we take ownership, we deliver results, and we keep our promises
- Respect – we collaborate, we embrace and celebrate diversity and we value difference
- Excellence – we create bold solutions for our customers and put quality at the heart of everything we do
We also value and encourage a healthy work-life balance, so we offer flexible working wherever possible. Depending on the operational requirements of your job and your team, we can offer compressed hours (nine-day fortnight), hybrid office-remote working, and flexibility during your working day to take care of personal commitments.
We want the best people for the job, and we warmly welcome applications from you if you’re suitably qualified and eligible, regardless of your sex, gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, gender identity, neurodiverse qualities, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity status.
We are signed up to the Halo Hair Code, which aims to protect employees who come to work with natural hair and protective hairstyles associated with their racial, ethnic, and cultural identities.
To give you the best experience possible during your application process and interview, we can make adjustments. For example, if you’re visually impaired we’ll happily meet you locally and help you find your way to our office, or if you have neurodiverse qualities, we can provide you with additional support to help you prepare for your interview. Please let our Resourcing Team know if there are any ways in which we can support you.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Flex hours
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs